Unlike some people who adore little black dresses, or LBDs as we so jauntily call them, I have a penchant for little black & white dresses.
- Dress - Banana Republic, thrifted; purchased here new with tags, for $29.95
- Shoes - Coclico, Seattle; last seen here in September 2018 with a blue dress and F#@! rings
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage, thrifted; last worn here in February
I spent today being full of emotion, as I prepped a "mood board" of one wall of my office with inspiration for International Women's Day, which is tomorrow. I printed and posted my "Aunt Ann" story (here), and others that my coworkers had sent me. We're having an IDW potluck tomorrow!
I had many compliments on my dress - it was lovely to wear. It's definitely a "jammy" dress - one and done! I love the ragged edges on the seams and hem, and how the woven fabric lines up on my body.
I prefer the dressy look at this stage in my life. I tend to think that's permanent.
Outerwear - the Unsafe Polar Bear, very late in the season. She will be going into hibernation soon, I suspect.
- Cashmere beret - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Earrings - consignment, Vancouver
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy
- Amethyst/gold ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Bracelet - thrifted
I will be back on the weekend with tales of adventure! Wishing all of you a very Happy International Women's Day! Thank you so much for visiting, and taking the time to comment - it means the world to me and I am very grateful for all of you readers.