Here's Friday's casual outfit. The office was like a ghost-town, as we cruise into prime vacation time.
- Cardigan - Kenzo, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) earlier this month for Canada Day
- Sleeveless sweater - Gap, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in that same Canada Day outfit!
- Skirt - Les Filles Des Neaux, thrifted; last seen here in June on my stay-cation
- Shoes - Sol Sana; last worn here in June with pink leather
After work, I hopped the bus to get my hair cut - by the time I got home it was around 7pm, and it had cooled off considerably.
I had a lot of positive reactions to this outfit at work (from the few people who were there!) even though it's low on my creativity scale.
Vizzini did not want to be in the pictures.
|"I have no use for you right now, Woman."|
Vizzini did enjoy a little cuddle from me.
|"I am tolerating you."|
- Earrings - Fossil, gift from L
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
And so, yes, I got my hair cut! I got bangs, aka "fringe" for the first time in a long time! It's probably been at least 11 or 12 years.
This haircut takes me back a ways - I dug out this old photobooth strip from one of my childhood photo albums to show you:
Still looks like me, though, doesn't it?
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd dated the photo-strip!
That's just over 40 years ago - I am 10 years old in those photos, going on 11.
And here's the 50-year-old, rockin' her fringe. L absolutely LOVES me in bangs. It's his "type" even though he doesn't really care how I style/colour/cut my hair.
here 'cause I love, and you can check out my reviews of local second-hand stores here) before meeting up with L after the game and going to Floyd's Diner for brunch with Chris, Ali and Nick afterwards. I also wore this identical outfit (without the hat) to Winesday on Saturday night.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, go, go!
- Dress - Hale Bob, Century 21, NYC, 2007; last seen here in August 2017
- Cami - not tracked
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit+) a couple of weekends ago for our trip to Powell River
Although I bought this dress in 2007 (with Mom in NYC!), I didn't wear it until here in May 2009, two full years later!
It's an incredibly beautiful dress: sheer silk with silk burn-out velvet flowers, edged in lace and silk bands.
I'm sunblocked and hatted for a hot, bright day!
- Hat - thrifted
Here's a better look at the fabric.
I tried this on in the aisle at Century 21 - the line-up for change rooms was silly long. I recall it was $49.95, as was the other Hale Bob dress I bought at the same time, this one here (June 2008 - 10 years ago!), which was given away some years ago. The proportions and style were never quite right on me.
- Necklace - 2028, The Bay - first noted here in 2010, but I like this outfit in 2012 because it reminds me that I used to have navy polka dot silk pants!
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
I did very well at the WIN Boutique and a shout-out to the lovely staff there and a thank you to them for their work for the good cause of Women In Need (WIN).
Here's what I got.
This necklace excited me - I knew who it was by as soon as I saw it.
here of my two bracelets, ring and pendant by him, all found in thrift stores/vintage fairs.
This is an older design by him - most of his necklaces are now sold on rubber or steel/silver cords.
I was thrilled to find a POLY tag near the clasp.
I scoped out the belt/scarf wall, and spotted this butter-soft leather/snakeskin belt.
Subtly stamped "Club Monaco" on the inside - the content tag has been cut off, but I have no doubt this is leather.
It's hard to see the colour/texture here, but these are another pair of cute cropped dress pants.
They are Banana Republic's "Hampton" pant.
As with all Gap, J. Crew and Banana Republic items, I checked the hidden tag to see how old they were.
I'm always shopping out of season, and starting to think about fall/winter. I fell for this wonderful marled light grey sweater.
It's a Banana Republic piece again. You can see the nice texture here.
I think it's supposed to be like this...
And I know exactly how old it is!
This blouse needs a steaming, so forgive the wrinkles. What colour is this?
Is it pink with purple bars?
No, it's actually grey with burgundy micro-dots. Oh, and it's Emporio Armani.
here on Wiki).
I have a few other Emporio Armani pieces, all thrifted:
- A light grey blazer from the 90s: last worn here, purchased for $38.95
- My silk/velvet burnout duster: last worn here, purchased for $7.00
I glanced at the Vogue runway shows, but I just don't have the energy to go through them (so many!) all right now. However, a quick perusal around some of the vintage and designer resale sites, as well as a poke into the Emporio Armani website, tells me that this blouse would have been around $475 US new.
|The size is 42, which is about a size 8 US|
I didn't have any kind of internal debate whatsoever over this spectacular dress!
I strongly suspect that the fabric is from India and is traditional sari fabric.
It's by David Meister and was $29.95.
And it's made in the US! Nice.
this article from 2012, which tells me that this dress was made for the Spring 2012 collection.
While I was photographing my new-to-me items, Vizzini was getting busy with my shopping bag.
|"Well, hello there, shopping bag..."|
|"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship..."|
I quickly changed when I got home from brunch - time for the theatre at the Belfry with Mom!
- Dress - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last worn here in October 2017 with baby blue
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last seen here for July Pride Week with another Tangerine Jill dress
- Capelet (below) - Floating Gold Iceberg, thrifted; last worn here in June
I affectionately refer to this as the Eyeball Dress. It's looking at you.
And the back has one big circle, with more hand-sewn lines of coloured floss.
Stained Glass Dress and the Firecracker Dress.
Capelet for sun coverage.
here, 'cause I love), and went for dinner after.
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Earrings - gift from Lise
- Purse - Club Monaco, thrifted
After dinner, I popped in on a raucous MANday music gathering (hosted by L at our house), changed back into my kimono dress, and skedaddled for Winesday at Cat's! Woo, a busy day and night!
Vizzini's been happy to have us around.
|"Do you mind? I'm trying to nap."|