A very Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks! We are looking good for 151 years old, eh?
|Pic by Yvonne|
But let's cast our minds back to Friday, shall we? It was a quiet day at work, so I spent the day swooshing about in this vintage skirt.
In contrast to the rest of the world, "June-uary" continued to give us cloudy, windy and rainy days (pick your combination of any or all). Yes, I'm wearing a sweater and boots!
- Sweater - Contemporaine, thrifted; first worn here in June during my last vacation
- Skirt - no label, vintage 50s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) on my birthday weekend in October 2017
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) for brunch with Ally when she was here in April
- Jacket (below) - Comrags, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May with my glam afternoon tea look
I also wore a full vintage slip under this. Crazy weather!
I always pick out one of the colours in the skirt to go with it.
But no, it is much gorier than that!
It was so chilly out that I wore a jacket too.
- Cuff - Renoir by Matisse, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Necklace/earrings - Matisse, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
We had enough people for a game of Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday morning - but the weather did not cooperate at all, and it POURED rain for the entire game.
- Leather top - Topshop, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2017 with pattern
- Skirt - Tribal, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in April with olive and metallic leather
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here in May with a bird dress
We went for lunch at Floyd's after our long, 2+ hours game - my hair was dripping wet and I was soaked to the skin.
I love this leather copper top.
- Earrings - thrifted
L and I had hoped for a nap afterwards, but with no time to spare, we quickly showered and then met our awesome best friends for beverages and food at the Fernwood Inn (aka "The Winchester") to celebrate the long weekend!
This my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get your kit and kaboodle over there!
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in May with a cartoon skirt
- Skirt - H&M Tribute to Marimekko, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Sandals - Dr. Scholls, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in May with a vintage floral gown
Speaking of swoosh, wow, I am so in love with this skirt. We walked to the pub and it billowed and swooshed in a very wonderful way.
|"I'm more interested in who this jacket belongs to."|
The waistband on it is REALLY small (it's a size 4), and I didn't want the buttons to fly off and put someone's eye out, so I left them undone and also undid the zip a smidge, and then tucked all that business underneath at the back.
|"This certainly doesn't belong in my house."|
Vizzini spent the whole time I was taking pictures investigating the jacket that fellow Ulti player Brad left at the field. We were all in a rush to get out of the rain and get home.
|"I'm merely ensuring the security of the home, Woman."|
He did his usual inspection of under the skirt, then wandered off.
|"I'm done with you for now."|
I like getting a wear out of my vintage copper.
- Copper set - vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Amethyst/gold ring - Dad's, c. 1965, Frances Jewelers
- Earrings - gift from Sherri
Continuing my effort to use my purses.
I love this piece - it holds a lot, and I like the funky design. It's a handmade (in Vancouver) limited edition.
- Purse - FiveLeft
L and I played a lot of boardgames, listened to music and generally just laid low this weekend and avoided the Canada Day crowds. On Sunday (the actual Canada Day), we strolled to town and saw "Solo: A Star Wars Story".
- Cardigan - Kenzo, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) when Ally was in town in April
- Sleeveless sweater - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in April under a big blue blazer
- Silk pants - J. Crew, thrifted; first worn here in May with another pair of funky sneakers
- Shoes - BCBGeneration, consignment; first worn here (3rd outfit) in May with gingham
It was windy (shocker) but warm for our walk to town, both of us feeling creaky after all of the previous day's activity.
We saw lots of other people in their red and white.
Ready to chill out!
- Earrings - vintage 80s, Mom's
We found Vizzini chilling in the sun on the deck, soaking up the heat from the tiles.
|"Oh, were you gone? I didn't notice."|
|"You're still here?"|
He makes his presence known when he wants attention.
|"The bros are cuddling, Woman, leave us alone."|
|"Is that a spider?"|
Later, he climbed onto L's lap while we played Arkham Horror.
|"Right, I am not allowed to whack at the game tokens."|
L's in his Team Canada jersey.
|"I'm in my Team Vizzini tuxedo."|
|"You should feed me now."|
Meanwhile, Vizzini levels the "Stare of Death" at me.
|"FEED ME. Also, Happy Canada Day to all my fans."|