And I'm back! Sorry about that - I forgot that I had Book Club on Thursday night, and then the rest of the weekend was filled with family things. Get ready for a big post!
- Dress - Only, thrifted; purchased here for $22.99
- Skirt - Mister Leonard, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in May with dark roses
- Shoes - Grotesque; last seen here in June with purple tigers
- Jacket (below) - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here (3rd oufit) in July for bra shopping
I wore a camisole/tank underneath this for coverage as well.
Outerwear - it was slightly chilly in the morning, plus I had my WW meeting after work, followed by Book Club.
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Steel hinge cuff - thrifted
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Earrings - gift from Megan Mae
My sweet coworker Simar gave me a gorgeous begonia plant for my birthday on Friday (my actual b-day is only a couple weeks away, eeee!).
On Friday, I was just a teensy bit hungover for work. Screw it, it's Friday!
|"I see a busy weekend in my future."|
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get over there!
- Leather top - Asos, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit) in March with culottes and sparkly shoes
- Skirt - Melanie Lyne, thrifted; last seen here in May with a hole-y top
- Shoes - Clarks, consignment; last worn here in June for Day 1 of my staycation
Clothing as armour! Look at the shiny copper top! Ignore the bleary-faced lady!
It's very bold!
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - Plum
Friday marked the 20th anniversary of my dad's death in 1997, from a massive heart attack. This is Dad, me and my brother Dave, when we first got our dog, Schultz, sitting on the front steps of our house.
My brother and I are planning on doing complementary tattoos to commemorate Dad's passing. My mom dug up these photos, which I then took pictures of.
here - see that dome?), replacing lights on the dome at the very top. Note his "knee-pads" which look like strips of cloth wrapped over his jeans, and his red running shoes.
I'm happy to see that he's wearing a safety harness of some sort, but that still doesn't look very safe!
I arrived home to greet our weekend visitors, L's mom Louise and his brother Virgil. I had a nap, then changed into a nice dress for dinner.
- Dress - H&M, thrifted; last worn here in June with wedge heels
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) in March with leopard pants and an orange sweater
- Coat (below) - Only, thrifted; purchased here for $29.99
I have a full-length vintage slip on under it, due to the back slit and the high side-slits.
|"Who are these people in my living room, Woman?"|
here 'cause I love) has Greek music (including the owner playing for us), dancing, and is a loud and rowdy restaurant - it's a great place! The food is excellent.
I took the opportunity to wear my new-to-me sleeveless coat.
I discovered a button up near one shoulder, which created a nice snuggly collar.
- Belt - Fendi, thrifted
- Amber ring - late 90s
- Green crystal ring - consignment
- Earrings - thrifted
On Saturday morning, I was up early to meet the in-laws again for breakfast at Floyd's.
- Top - Hommage, consignment (Vancouver); last seen here with baby blue in June while on staycation
- Skirt - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here in July with a pink blazer
- Boots - Effortless Sophia, Fluevog; last seen here with black pleather in May
- Cuff - thrifted
- Hinged cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Megan Mae
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Louise and Virgil headed off after lunch, back home, and L and I had some quiet time before getting ready to go out and meet up with my mom, brother and his fiancee Shelley for a late afternoon drink in memory of Dad.
- Sweater C Wonder, thrifted; last seen here in August for a date with the periodontist
- Skirt - Maeve, thrifted; last worn here in July with shiny things
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here in August with the jelly-deer sweater
- Duster - Emporio Armani, thrifted; last worn here over the same sweater in April
With my duster, worn as a coat.
- Dragon bangle and earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Shiny bangle - local
L and I did a lot of walking on Saturday, starting with our walk to/from town for breakfast. We met up with Mom, Dave and Shelley at Spinnaker's, a local brew-pub on the other side of the Inner Harbour.
Dave and Shelley.
We had an early dinner and a few drinks, then L and I walked home.
L, how do you feel about this day?
Today, I headed to town to get groceries. It's going to be another busy week.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here on a hot day with the picador skirt in July
- Skirt - Bedo, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit, waaaay down), in April, after I last swapped out my closet
- Shoes - Half Truth Tanya, Fluevog; last seen here in August with a super-patterned dress
- Earrings - local
I went to the WIN store downtown and had a nice poke around. I found some treasures!
this song by him: "Sunglasses at Night." He was huge in Canada at the time!
Oh, yeah, and I found a hematite ring for $4.95.
I fell hard for this lovely scarf. Painted roses!
I spotted this chocolate brown scarf by feel - it's real fur!
I'm always on the lookout for nice-quality, washable tops for layering. This one goes really well with my hair.
It's 100% polyester, so into the wash it goes.
It's Chic by Jacob, and was only $5.95.
Me and my white/cream tops. I can't resist a cool one!
I love the smocked high neck and matching sleeve cuffs.
I don't mind paying a bit more for good quality, though, like this gorgeous silver-grey blazer.
Look at the lovely texture, too.
It's made in Italy; Antinea SRL is one of Armani's manufacturers. The fabric is a viscose/polyamid/spandex blend.
I was giddy when this amazing black skirt fit me perfectly. The waistband folds over, and the skirt has tucks that cause it to drape across the hips in a very cool way.
Yes! I seem to be lucking out on finding Dries Van Noten! It's another piece, and this one was only $29.95.
L nearly choked when I unpacked this monster! He calls these my "homeless lady sweaters."
|"Looks cuddly to me."|
I like the care label.
And now, off to make chili for dinner and watch some football - I need some couch time after this busy weekend.
|"I'm keeping your seat warm, Woman."|
Oh I love the green with the black and white skirt - I know you said it wasn't a very adventurous outfit for you but it's just the kind of thing I'd wear! :) I find myself loving your a-line skirt outfits while being sad for all the ones I had that I let go. I've decided to focus on getting more wear from the one I have (and love) before I buy more! :)ReplyDelete
Thank you, Mica! I do tend to forget that my "boring" is another person's perfect outfit - I shouldn't be so harsh on it. Good for you - and if you don't love it, then you should buy more!Delete
Yet another great round up Sheila. I'm completely in love with those purple and black boots, sigh. It's great to see that wonderful black and orange skirt again too - it's uber feminine! I also loved how you styled up the yellow skirt under the wrap dress with those perfectly matching shoes - you'd think you've done this kinda thing before. Lovely post, thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Anna! The boots are two shades of purple, no black on them, and the skirt is navy and orange, not black. The colours look very clear to me (especially in the stair pose), so you may want to slightly adjust your colours on your screen if you can't see them.Delete
Glad you enjoyed so many of the outfits, thank you!
Oh goodness, if only I knew how to adjust the colour contrast on my computer! I get a lot of comments on my instagram talking about the wrong colours - I think we're all struggling with different screens on different devices all tuned in slightly differently. I know I see the right colours for my clothes on my screen so that's what I'm going with. But, thanks anyway!Delete
Google it! :) Yes, I do agree on the variety of monitor/screen settings - I'll nearly always note the colour in my text, or will point out which pic has the most accurate colour.Delete
So much awesomeness in one post!! I love your denim wrap dress with the yellow skirt and shoes. I love the purple and black boots and the green sweater with green shoes! Fabulous! So lovely to see the pics of your fam too-you haven't changed a bit! XXXReplyDelete
Thank you, Sasha! It was a busy weekend, for sure. Ack, you too - the boots are not black, they are purple. Ha, I do have the same hairstyle again!Delete
Your 5-year old self looks like you today! Same person inside both bodies. How fun.ReplyDelete
It's weird to look back at myself so long ago!Delete
The idea of layering with yellow and then accessorising in the same colour is genius... lovely picture of you and your brother, father and pup , it's the same face :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Lorena! I remember when that picture was taken...wow, so long ago!Delete
As someone who appreciates the beauty of the Parliament buildings lit up at night, I had to comment. It's so cool to see that photo of your Dad! Things do look a leeetle dangerous for him, but I'm wondering who would have taken the photo? Anyways, he looks pretty happy up there...it's sad that you lost him suddenly and at an early age. xoReplyDelete
Aw, thanks, Sue! I'm guessing Dad had a buddy there to hold the ropes, and he's the one who took the pictures. Yeah, he was a fearless person, never afraid to try something new - I did not inherit that trait! Agreed, it was way too young for anyone to go. Hugs to you, my dear.Delete