It's a two-fer Thursday! I was out late last night, so this is what I wore to our company quarterly meeting, which was to be followed by a Victoria Royals hockey game.
- Sweater - Bandolino, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in March 2014
- Sweater tank - Dana Buchman, thrifted; last seen here in July 2014 with chartreuse
- Cape/skirt - Smoking Lily, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) with floral Docs in November 2014
- Boots - Indigo by Clarks; last seen here in December 2014 with turquoise fringe
This is my first link-up to Gracey's "Literary Stylings" over at Fashion for Giants. I read over 35 books in 2014, the most I've read since I started keeping track of my books in 2007. I'm pretty proud of that; it's easy to get sucked into TV and internet. Books and reading can fall down the priorities list quickly.
Although I didn't make a New Year's Resolution this year, I would like to top my number of books next year. That's a good goal, and one I can work on with no guilt. I also plan to participate in more "Literary Stylings" to inspire myself. Thanks, Gracey!
The book that inspired my outfit above happens to be the first book that I finished in 2015:
|I won this from Shelley at Forest City Fashionista - she is one of the contributors! Read about it here. |
The postcard doesn't come with it!
It was a fabulous read, full of all kinds of articles about women and their clothes. I kept it in the bathroom (yes, I always have a bathroom book), so it's taken me 2 months to read, here and there. I just want to start it over again.
My outfit isn't really directly inspired by the book, but it went with my thinking and feeling about clothes. I love that most of my clothes are second hand. I love that my jewelry has stories, and in some cases, I know who's owned it before. I dress as armour sometimes. I dress to tell the story of who I am, or who I want to be.
I loved this book. Do yourself a favour and buy a copy for yourself. I can't bear to lend mine, even though I want everyone I know to read it - I did buy a copy for Betty, my receptionist at WW, as I thought she would appreciate the thoughtfulness and thoroughness of it.
|A slice of my life in the morning.|
See? (link to Smoking Lily's Cape of Good Hope - linking 'cause I love).
Bonus outerwear shot:
- Necklace/bracelet - 1970s, vintage fair
- Earrings - $10 grab bag find, consignment
I went out for a glass of wine after the event, and crashed when I got home. I totally forgot about planning an outfit for today.
What to do? Wear a dress!
- Dress - no label, vintage 1970s, thrifted; last seen here in November 2014
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) last weekend
My tights are a pumpkin/caramel colour - they match one of the stripes in the dress.
A statement necklace and mismatched simple earrings.
- Earrings - gift from Mom and local
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
The necklace pulled its weight too!