I usually end up pointing them out.
- Blouse - True Religion, consignment; last worn here a few weeks ago with purple leather
- Suede dress - Margaret Godfrey for Bagatelle, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in January for a Saturday brunch
- Boots - Teah Truths, Fluevog; last worn here in November 2021 with a snaky dress
- Panthers jacket (below) - NFL Shop; last seen here in August 2021
Today's outfit has three spooky elements - one is very hard to see.
I also have a camisole under this velvet devore (duh-VOR-ay!) top, as the top is mostly sheer.
This suede one can handle the bold belt. I like mixing up eras like that.
Incognito outerwear - it was chilly in the morning, but even a light jacket like this was too much for the walk home.
- Scarf - Metrowear, San Francisco, 2006
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
L and I had a bonanza in Metrowear - he still has/wears a jacket, a shirt and a belt buckle from that trip to San Fran.
- Belt - vintage, vintage mall; purchased here for $18.00
- Earrings - Israel, consignment
- Silver/green onyx ring - consignment; purchased here for $45.00
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Snake ring - BC Museum Gift Shop, c. 1986
- Silver/malachite bangle - Mexico, thrifted, Sidney
- Mesh bracelet - Sidney
Did you spot all my spooky things?
- Velvet skulls and skeletons on my black top
- Skull scarf
- Snake ring
Hello Vizzini - good to see you!ReplyDelete
That slip dress looks great with the hipster belt, mixing up eras rocks! xxx
OK, the scarf was easy, but I missed the ring and I couldn't spot the skulls and skeletons on your black top.ReplyDelete
I missed the ring but figured the mesh top HAD to be one of the items and the scarf was easy. My eye saw the dress color picked up by the stripe in the jacket (well, not an exact match, perhaps depends on the lighting?)ReplyDelete
Egads I remember when there were items in my closet for special occasion wearing only. Now I fully agree with you…wear what we have because we can! We only have to subscribe to our own rules. :) And can break them as we like!
Cheers from a cold morning in NY (in the 30s),
I'm glad you pointed them out, as I'd only seen the skull scarf - that was obvious, wasn't it - although I did have a feeling your top was hiding some spooky items too!ReplyDelete
Love the suede dress and that belt is a stunner. And yes, I too keep pliers - and other such stuff - in my desk. When I still had more than one colleague, people always asked me first if they needed anything. Ann will have it :-) xxx
THe kitty is okay, I worried while I was gone.ReplyDelete
He's doing really well! He can see!Delete
That's funny, doing repairs with a tool. Reminds me of a girlfriend who once said we had to stop at Home Depot so she could pick up materials for her outfit. (She was into kinky stuff.) (P.S., Sorry to be absent but I've been very sick for the past two weeks.)ReplyDelete
I missed the skulls and skeletons on your black top! I have been thinking about trying the red lace top you gave me under a dress like this but I don't think I have quite the right dresses - I am going to gave it a try though when I'm feeling better. Been really sick this week (not Covid thank goodness!). I like how you enjoy and wear the fun stuff every day - it's inspiring and something I need to try do more often!ReplyDelete
I never wore anything bar a pair of knickers under my slip dresses... I'm amazed my mum didn't chase after me with a cardigan whenever I left the house. Your velvet skull and skelly top is really cool and goes great with that dress.ReplyDelete