Hello, my friends! It's been a lovely and relaxing weekend, as I surrounded myself with friends and family to help soothe my Rage and get me back on an even keel.
- Fleece dress - Kenzo, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in December 2018 for brunch
- Boots - Minnetonka, thrifted; last seen here in February 2019 with my PANK dress
- Coat (below) - L'Atiste, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here in December 2019
I adore this dress - it's the thickest fleece I've ever felt. Several of my coworkers felt it and were suitably impressed.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.
The tiger itself is embroidered and is rather rigid - several people who saw me sitting asked me to stand up so that they could admire him (rar!).
Pockets! I am also wearing a short skirt-slip under it due to the open, short, flared shape.
Outerwear - in retrospect, not the most insulating coat I own, but because of the flared skirt on the dress, I needed something with room for that. I usually wear a cropped or short jacket with this.
- Cashmere toque - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Cashmere pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Earrings - consignment
After work on Friday, L and I trekked down to Outlooks for Men where he bought two new suits for work, and then we went for Thai food for dinner. We spent the evening playing boardgames and listening to music. It was heaven.
On Saturday, I passed on Mental Health Walking on black ice near the water (no, thank you!), and instead of brunch, L and I caught the bus and met up with my family at Montana's restaurant to celebrate my brother Dave's 50th birthday.
- Vest - Pink Martini, consignment; first worn here in December 2019
- Dress - Karen Millen, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in October 2019 for dinner at Mac and Petra's
- Boots - Truths Teah, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) for brunch in December 2019
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last seen here in October 2019
A nice stretchy stripey wool dress, and then the layered light grey knit vest/duster over it.
I felt badly about it until I saw that I'd only paid $12.50 for it and wore it twice. I'm good with $6.25 per wear.
I like this look, so I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for another long grey vest for layering.
Outerwear - it's quite a lot warmer and most of the snow is in dirty, slushy piles. It even started to rain.
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Leather purse - Danier, thrifted
- Necklace - Dots
- Earrings - gift from Lise
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I took a few pictures of my brother - Happy Birthday, Cowboy! I did a tribute to my little brother for his 40th birthday, 10 years ago (here, including why I call him Cowboy)
Montana's is a steakhouse-themed restaurant - note the deer head behind Dave.
Dave and his two youngest daughters.
My nephew Matt is 25 and the oldest of Dave's kids.
All three girls - Zoe (on the right, 21) arrived late.
All of us.
And with me.
I wrote "Happy Birthday, Dave" at my spot.
|"Really. More pictures."|
The server noticed and brought Dave a bowl of ice cream, a chocolate cookie and caramel sauce all over it.
|"If I give it to you, you have to share the cookie."|
All the best to my dear bro!
As I wore the same outfit for Winesday (minus the vest), and I spent Sunday watching the NFL football playoffs, that's it for outfits! I really needed a quiet weekend, and this was just right.
Thank you so much for dropping by!