Ah, a nice quiet weekend, just what the doctor ordered. I am still feeling the tail end of that flu, and have been sleeping a lot, trying to recover my energy.
Friday's outfit - had to put something together for these new-to-me shoes!
This is my entry for Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style - get your a** over there!
- Jacket - CABi, consignment; first worn here over a red dress in January
- Shirt - Tommy Hilfiger, thrifted; last seen here in January under my chicken sweater
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here again in January for a cowgirl brunch
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; purchased here last weekend for $34.99
- Coat (below) - Borgeoiis, vintage 80s, thrifted
And for carrying designs around to the back (*ahem* take notice, Desigual!).
- Necklace - gift from Mom, c. 1997, from Alaska
- Earrings - Aldo
L and I met up with Elaine for drinks and dinner, then went to see "Kedi", a documentary about the stray cats of Istanbul. It was a sweet movie - I loved how random people cared for these animals. Makes you realize how alike people are all over the world. Link to info on this movie here (see it if you love cats!), 'cause I love. In case you are worried, no cats die during the movie (a deal-breaker for me).
On Saturday, L and I both slept in after an evening of board games. It was so sunny that my regular stair pose didn't work. Alternate pose needed!
Here's the first picture, the original stair pose.
- Sweater - Vero Moda, thrifted; first worn here in January with leather and Oxfords
- Skirt - Jack by BB Dakota, thrifted; first worn here in January with these same shoes
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here in the same outfit as this skirt
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
L and I walked to town for brunch. I got groceries (delivered later) while he waited in line and then we strolled home...and remembered partway that we'd forgotten to get wine, so overshot our house and kept going to the liquor store in the other direction. Must have wine!
What happens when you push the picture button but forgot to set the timer?
L and I crabbing at each other (I've only had one coffee, gimme a break!). He's showing his hockey colours - go, Bruins! That's a Boston Bruins leather jacket as well.
- Earrings - thrifted
Our friends Shayne and Sofia came over and played "Magic: The Gathering" (a collectible card game that L and I have played since about 1995 - we have tons of cards) all evening. Much merriment was had, and I sent Sofia home with two giant bags of clothes from the giveaway pile.
Mr. Vizzini has been watching the trees as the little birds come back for spring:
|"Are you lookin' at me?"|
He's very vocal - meows at us constantly.
|"Give me my kitty treats, Woman!"|