I felt pretty good in today's outfit, but when I looked at the pictures I thought, "Holy smokes, I look damn great for 50-going-on-51."
- Dress - Desigual, 2010, London; last worn here for New Year's Eve 2017 (one of my favourite posts - full of anniversary links!)
- Shoes - Lucky Brand, consignment, Powell River; first worn here in July with pink and leopard
- Jacket (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last seen yesterday here
This is about as simple as outfits get for me: just a dress and a pair of shoes. This particular dress is me actively searching for the not-yet-worn items in my closet - there are fewer and fewer backwards hangers every week!
here in May 2010. I have gradually been transforming it into my own work of art. I've had it for 8 years and I've worn it a bunch.
Enjoy a major retrospective!
- December 31, 2007, for New Year's Eve, as above, here
- June 2017, here with an added underskirt
- March 2017, here with boots, tights and a blouse under it
- September 2016, here with that same blouse and red shoes
- December 2015, here with an orange blouse underneath
- July 2015, here for the International Vancouver 40+ Blogger Meet-Up
- May 2015, here with the same underskirt
- September 2015, here making my "I've got my eye on you" joke, har har (and my orange shoes before they were worn out!)
- June 2014, here with a white shirt and cowboy boots
- July 2013, here with yellow shoes
- January 2013, here for Megan Mae's birthday being silly with a lampshade
- 3 x March 2012, here for our anniversary trip to Vancouver, worn twice in one weekend, and here (I can't read that post without tearing up - it's when we found out Inigo, our dear kitty, was sick)
- September 2011, here with a long black cardi
- June 2011, here with some spectacular red shoes
- February 2011, here with layers, including a scarf
- And I noted there that I'd worn it four times previously, but my linking wasn't that consistent, and I can't be bothered to search.
- Plus the first time here in May 2010.
Wow, I've worn it 22 times! I'm at $11.78 per wear, and totally worth it.
I've got my eye on you.
Spoiler alert! It's hot out.
Mostly silver bling:
- Cuff - St. Paul's Cathedral gift shop
- Snakeskin bracelet - thrifted, vintage 1986 (probably mine, refound) - first wearing
- Earrings - thrifted
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Shield ring - Nine West
I took some close-up pictures of the dress. I am all about details, and this dress goes to 11. Also, I wore all the buttons today. All of them!
From the top! My top button says "Stay Strange" and that orange thing is a silhouette of Vancouver Island - my city, Victoria, is on the bottom tip of it.
10 points if you know what the symbol in the "O" is. One of our friends made these for his birthday.
"Embrace Peculiarity" and "I'm the Bossy One." None of the Desigual buttons are duplicates.
"I [heart] Vintage" and more Fluevog, with "LOVE" spelled out vertically.
The bottom side panel. I like all the embroidery.
Everyone sees the eye, but I always have to point out the zebras.
And a parrot? Rooster?
My friends, enjoy your weekend - I will be back on Sunday with tales of adventure.
|"And cat pictures. My fans need them."|