I'm exhausted. Thank goodness the Canada Day long weekend just around the corner!here, 'cause I love!) at the Royal Theatre last night.
- Dress - Zac Posen for Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July 2015
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here (4th outfit) for brunch with Mom and my uncle
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - Fossil, thrifted
L and I spotted two of the deer that live in our neighbourhood on the way to the theatre.
We walked past Christchurch Cathedral.
Settled in our seats after a glass of wine.
I have always wanted to sit in the loge seats.
The opening act was, frankly, a snooze.
I woke up when the main act started.
I was blown away by kd's voice, in particular.
here), or maybe like me, you remember her accepting her first Juno (a Canadian Grammy) in 1985 while wearing a wedding dress (a nice pictorial from the Globe & Mail here of her career highlights). She really is just completely captivating. What a voice. All links 'cause I love!
Neko Case is also a fave in the house of L and I - we love her solo work and her stuff with The New Pornographers. Laura Veirs was new to us, but also very impressive.
here!), so check in to read about both the concert and their album.
Today, I was hollered at on the way to our other office, "You should be in a magazine!"
link!) and I should be in a magazine. They didn't say what magazine, mind you. Maybe Cat Fancy? Me and Vizzini?
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here a year ago in June 2015 with all red
- Skirt - no label, handmade, thrifted; last worn here a couple of weeks ago with florals
- Shoes - Modern Vintage, thrifted; last seen here in April with chartreuse
I get a lot of compliments on this top - it's Chinese-inspired, based on cheongsam dresses,but it's a modern cut and make. Western culture has been appropriating this look since back in the 40s/50s? so I don't feel awkward wearing it.
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, vintage fair
One more outfit for tomorrow, and then I'm off until Sunday.