Hello, and welcome to...
SHOES MY HUSBAND HATES
...a series that I'll be running all week, featuring - you guessed it! - shoes my husband hates. Go here to read the previous series from 2014.
Now, a couple of things before the fun begins.
L and I have been married nearly 20 years. He in no way ever tells me what to wear, what to buy or even suggests anything to do with my appearance unless I ask him for his opinion (and he is honest when I do so). He is definitely biased by what styles were classic when he was a teenager, so pointy-toed pumps are the ultimate feminine shoe in his eyes, and he knows what he does not like. You may disagree, or you may agree, but either way, let's play nice here.
- Kimono top - Urban Renewal; first worn here (2nd outfit) to see "So You Think You Can Dance" on tour in January
- Top (underneath) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) to shop with my mother-in-law in May
- Culottes - Jones New York, vintage 80s; last seen here for a partial sick day in March
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last worn here (3rd outfit) with a Liberty print for shopping in May
And shall we get to the shoes now?
These shoes are really more of a "mild dislike" but because Sheila has such great taste in shoes it was hard to find five pairs to hate on. I like the colour and overall shape, but I generally don’t like shoes with big raised flowers on them. The position and shape of these flowers make them look more like some kind of moss growing in the side of a rock wall, threatening to encroach their way onto the foot of their "host." It’s not quite “Day of the Triffids” but it is disconcerting.”
The poor man had trouble coming up with 5 pairs that he hadn't picked on before - no repeats! - so although he doesn't have the same dislike for these as some others coming up this week, I'm sure he'd be happy to see them go. However, these are staying in my closet for now. If he hadn't chosen them, I'm sure I wouldn't have worn them for work - they are getting a bit too worn out for that.
- Necklace - Ellandemm, thrifted (first wear), purchased here for $8.00
- Belt - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Floral bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Cuff - vintage 60s, Mom's
Another hot day today, and with both of us back at work, the Vizz-meister was grumpy.
|"You're going to leave me?"|