My apologies - I hadn't intended on skipping my regular bigass weekend post, but by the time I got home from shopping with Yvonne, our "recovery drinks" had done me in. I conked out on the couch for the evening.
So today, you get the bigass wrap-up, plus Monday's outfit, PLUS a ton of cat pictures. If this is what you came for, read on. (If you came just for the cat pictures, then scroll down).
Let's start with Saturday's Outfit for Ulty.
- Dress - Cici; last seen here (3rd outfit) in July 2015 with magenta
- Shoes - Modern Vintage, thrifted; last worn here a week ago with mustard and leather
- Belt - thrifted
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - thrifted
After brunch, I rushed home and got ready for the theatre. Mom and I had our Saturday matinee of "Puttin' on the Ritz" at the Belfry Theatre (review here).
- Dress - Stop Staring; last seen here (3rd outfit) in September for Elaine's birthday dinner
- Jacket - H&M, consignment; last worn here in February with houndstooth
- Shoes - Sencha Teapot, Fluevog; last worn here in October 2015 with pastel plaid
I actually got a shout-out during the show - one of the female performers was doing a little interaction with the woman in front of me (putting a feather boa on her), and said, "Nice fascinator!" to me.
A dress like this requires a dramatic jacket, don't you think?
Vizzini was very excited about the fascinator.
|"I'm sure I saw some feathers around here somewhere."|
Simple red bling:
- Purse - vintage, thrifted
- Fascinator (in pictures above) - Funk Shui
- Earrings - Tania Gleave
After dinner, L and I chilled for the evening with Vizzini, some wine and a board game. Vizzini wasn't too interested in us.
|"Can't talk. On patrol."|
|"I heard reports of suspicious activity."|
|"Aha! I spot a perpetrator!"|
|"What is this? Could it be...?"|
|"That cat is sleeping on the job! I'll have to report this."|
- Jacket - Club Monaco, thrifted; last seen here last week with baby blues
- Sweater - Lacoste, thrifted; last worn here a couple of weeks ago with plaid pants
- Skirt - Melanie Lyne, consignment; last seen here at the same time as the jacket
- Booties - Dirty Laundry, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for a casual weekend earlier this month
- Earrings - local
I was early to meet Yvonne, so I quickly zipped into Flavour Upstairs - and what do you know? I scored a new red pencil skirt!
Yup, it's wool. And made in Vancouver!
It's got pockets, it's a great length, and even better...
We both had fabulous luck at My Sister's Closet. It's a consignment store (where sellers get a percentage of their goods sold), so I expected to spend a little more than when I'm out thrifting. However, I spent just over $100 and got all this stuff below.
I scored these Betsey Johnson tights for only $4.00.
I was thrilled to find a replacement for my black leather pencil skirt that's too big.
It's by Tribal. I love the zipper detail.
I made squee-ing noises over this dress.
This blouse is nearly identical to my "fruital" blouse, but it's floral. So...uh, floral.
I was skimming through some fashion mags at the spa where we had our brows done, and saw that "pajama dressing" is a thing. Sure, why not? I remember wearing an actual pajama top of my grandfather's back in the 80s (it was pale yellow flannel and I loved it).
It's by Tabi, and was $18.98.
*ahem* Sorry, must get control over myself.
I also found a pair of shoes. Hey, Wendy, what is it you say?
Never is the next new thing"? Did I ever think I would own a pair of chunky black hidden-heel runners?
Nope, never. But I love them. I wasn't sure what brand they were - apparently, this says "Ash".
And here we are at today! I promised Ann I wouldn't keep counting my hair as purple in her theme this month for "52 pick-me-up.
- Jacket - Comrags, thrifted; purchased here for $14.99
- Blouse - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in August in a truly awful outfit
- Skirt - Chia, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here with just a smidge of colour
- Shoes - Gentle Souls; last seen here in February while adamantly amethyst
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Lise
Linking up to:
Go see what everyone's wearing! Run!
Hey, Vizzini, you're a star in "Visible Monday", you monster. What do you have to say for yourself?
|"Hello to all my fans. Please send more kitty treats."|