We have a bit to get to and the couch is a-calling, so let's get started. On Friday, I went for so much shiny.
Golden lions! This was a very fancy Friday outfit indeed. I love that it has pockets!
I love the cut and shape of this wonderfully brilliant vintage dress.
I was quite annoyed that my brown tights snagged on their first wear - good thing I buy my tights second-hand and these were only $1.95.
I forgot to take the Accoutrements picture.
- Fur scarf - Danier, thrifted
- Leather/cashmere gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
- Belt - thrifted
- Brass cuff - Midzo, vintage expo
- Brass/copper cuff - Karen's
- Brutalist ring - vintage 70s, vintage mall
- Gold/amber ring - c. 1996
- Earrings - thrifted
On the way home from work, I stopped in at Rich Rags and found this lovely sweater.
I took the collar off (it's removeable - 13 buttons!) to see how it looked, but the buttons are too visible, so I won't be wearing it like this.
There is variation in the knit too.
It is a Karen Millen piece, made in Hong Kong.
That means it's got a bit of age on it - the last time these big-collared sweaters were in fashion was in the late 90s, so that seems about right. It was $40.00.
L was out on Friday night, so I watched the 1964 film My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn. I haven't seen it in decades, but I know all the songs, and I was watching the fashion - the rest of it hasn't aged well (horrendously sexist).
On Saturday we met up with Nick for brunch at the Ruby.
- Coat - Desigual; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March for an anniversary shop in Sidney with L
- Sweater - Yest; last seen here in October with my snake tattoo jacket
- Skirt - Danier, vintage, thrifted, Powell River; last worn here in December 2020 in a similar outfit (same coat)
- Shoes - Groovy Husymans, Fluevog; last seen here in October with my S-dress
I felt very seasonal in my red and greens!
I had a lot of comments on the coat while I was out. I've had this coat for nearly 11 years (Flashback here - this is its 23rd wearing) and it's still going strong.
- Fur scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
- Mask - by Mom
- Gold-plated necklace - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, gift from L, vintage mall
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Earrings - gift from Petra
I shopped the massive sale at Dots for my nieces and nephew - they are all getting a few pieces of clothes from their stylish auntie.
I picked up this dress on the $15.00 rack for myself.
It's by InWear, and would have retailed for $125.00.
I popped into a bunch of stores along Fort Street where many locally-owned businesses are - I always shop local for my gifts.
It's the H&M collaboration with Morris & Co. as in William Morris, from 2018. This is based off an old wallpaper pattern from the late 1800s.
This was $32.00 which is about what it retailed for.
L and I snuck in a quick nap before Cat and Ross came over for an evening of Arkham Horror and Exploding Kittens (board/card games). Vizzini lurked around and hoovered up all the dropped junk food.
This morning, he was keeping my seat on the couch warm for me.
"You were careless with your popcorn last night."
Naughty boy. And now, off to work on my peacock jacket while I watch football all day. Ah, the perfect Sunday!