So Mom and I went to the theatre to see the new West Side Story! Mid-day on a Thursday was about as dead as you'd expect, so we felt safe. There were maybe 8 other people in the entire giant IMAX theatre.
- Sweater - J. Crew Collection, Fall 2013, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March for a Zoom Happy Hour
- Turtleneck - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in November layered under a sparkly dress for brunch
- Silver jeans - H&M, consignment; last worn here in July for the Day of Indolence
- Boots - Go Groovy Husymans, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) earlier this month for brunch and shopping
- Coat (below) - Sarmite Wearable Art, consignment; first worn here a week ago
I have to plan for sitting for two-plus hours - it was a long movie, but I loved it - as well as a slow, long and rambling bus ride on the way home. The bus is a good Zen reminder: it takes as long as it takes.
I refer to this top as my Thousand Dollar Sweater, as it retailed for over $1,000, I kid you not.
Outerwear - I couldn't resist the call of the Six Foot Coat again. All that pink!
I remembered that I have studded wool and black fur earmuffs. They were delightfully cozy.
- Bag - Sonia Rykiel "Martha", thrifted
Ready to rock and roll.
- Scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment; last worn here
- Earmuffs - Michael Kors, consignment
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Mask - by Mom
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - c. 1995
- Earrings - vintage fair
We drove to Silver City - I'm used to the quaint downtown theatres and had forgotten what a sensory overload a multiplex can be.
A huge crowd of teenagers surged out of this hall just as we arrived.
Mom-daughter selfie! Mom's wearing her new-from-me Christmas sweater. Great necklace too.
Time for my Purr Therapy...after he's fed!