I'd nearly forgotten about this beautiful sequined skirt that I picked up several weeks ago.
- Sweater - J. Crew, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January with a grey floral skirt (in the giveaway pile)
- Skirt - Culture; purchased here for $26.99
- Boots - Chatterbox Ishshoes, Fluevog; last seen here in November with orange plaid
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - no label, vintage 1970s, thrifted; last worn here in October
I opted to wear a more casual top as a contrast with the dressy feel of the sequined skirt. This cableknit sweater is 100% cotton (I have a camisole underneath) and picks up the orangey shades in the skirt.
I am always entranced by sequins - these ones are actually paillettes, which are sequins where the hole is punched near the top, as opposed to the centre.
The skirt itself is chenille, and the paillettes are sewn on so that they "stand up" - this allows them to show both sides.
One side is a dark blue metallic, and the other is iridescent orange that shades from gold to green. It is a very lovely "sunset" range of colours, as you can kind of see above.
Masked up - more sparkle.
My office was dead today, with only 2 other people here.
Outerwear - we had a beautiful sunny day.
But I wished I'd worn a slightly warmer coat. This one is best for rainy days, but I liked how it went with all my blues and oranges.
Blue and browns.
- Scarf - Pierre Cardin Jeunesse, vintage, Lazy Susan's
- Headband - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Mask - by Mom
The furry strip is a velcro headband. Good for keeping my ears warm without messing up my hair too much.
I love these blue velvet boots - they are so elegant.
Of course, I had to wear my new-to-me vintage glass bead necklace and bracelet!
- Glass necklace/bracelet - vintage 1950s, Lazy Susan's, purchased here for $45.00 for the set
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
I did a gentle slip knot in the necklace to make a long strand with some visual interest. I can also loop the necklace around my neck two or even three times. I love a versatile necklace!