Today's outfit features one of my favourite shiny skirts that gets a wearing every season, along with a newer luxe favourite.
I love velvet, but Velvet Creep evokes Velvet Rage in me. This bomber jacket happily seems to not have that issue. It's so soft and velvety.
- Jacket - Zara, consignment; last worn here in March with the same necklace and sweater
- Sweater - Zara, pass-along from Rae; last seen here a couple of weeks ago with dragonscale
- Shirt - Yest; last worn here layered under leather two weeks ago
- Skirt - Club Monaco, consignment; last seen (and Flashbacked) here in December 2020 with blue cashmere and brocade boots
- Boots - Mamzelle, thrifted; last worn here in October for my shop with Vero
- Coat (below) - Donna Karan, consignment; last seen here in December 2020
Lots of layering going on here - the temps have been hovering between 4 and -1. Brr!
I like the layered look of a sweater over a shirt.
This thin sweater has turned out to be a very useful item in my wardrobe.
The bomber jacket is so fun - the mix of autumnal colours in the "jungle" pattern appeals to me.
And here we are, on the Winter Solstice - autumn is over for another year. Oh yay, winter.
Isn't the skirt cute? I've had it for around 8 years. It's tinged a greenish-gold, and I adore the deep pockets. I'm wearing fleece-lined tights today for extra warm legs.
Only a few people around in the office today, which I'm totally fine with as the Omicron cases soar in my province.
Outerwear - I'd forgotten about this down-filled puffer coat.
It ties inside and outside as a true wrap. It doesn't give a ton of coverage (especially in the wind) but it is snuggly warm. I pulled the hood up for the cold walk home.
The scarf was so perfectly matchy to my outfit, but it wasn't very warm.
- Scarf - Pierre Cardin, vintage 70s, thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Mask - by Mom
I nearly wore a fedora, but eschewed it once I decided on the hooded coat.
I felt like wearing a chunky boot. It was that kind of day. Clomp, clomp.
Just a few pieces I like and have had forever.
- Necklace - Plum, c. 2009
- Earrings - LA Express, c. 1993
- Brass/jade ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
One more day to go!