- Blazer - Tahari, thrifted; last worn here in July 2020 with off colours
- Baby blue blouse - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in a fabulous jungle and bronze outfit in June
- Skirt - Trina Turk, consignment; last worn here in March with bad Balmain
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last seen here in June in an "outfit salad"
The key to scarf-based outfit planning is to just start pulling out garments that match or are in the same tones as the colours in the scarf.
I also picked out this baby blue blouse, which helped me figure out where to deploy the scarf.
This bright purple blazer is a great colour…but I never reach for it in my closet. The few people who saw me today noticed the colour - because it's awesome - but maybe I just want this colour in a nice sweater instead (which you know I already have) or a skirt (again, I have this).
In addition, the colour doesn't photograph right, and it feels a little too severe for my style these days. So, I'm letting it go. Ah well, I only paid $4.99 for it, and this is the 3rd time wearing it, so I'm happy with that.
There's no navy blue in the scarf, but this tulle skirt tones well with the overall look - black would have been too harsh. I did wear my outfit without the jacket and liked it.
Masked up - this is dark purple.
- Mask - by Mom
The one thing I did NOT do, and realized after I'd taken all the pictures? I didn't step back and look at the whole outfit from a distance. The shoes match the bits of hot pink in the scarf pattern, but you can't see that hot pink when the scarf is tied. I should have worn blue or teal shoes. *shrug* It still looks okay, but that kind of detail bugs me.
Blue and gold bling:
Ha, I was so eager to put the scarf in the giveaway pile that I missed including it. What does that tell you? It was a fine scarf, didn't spark joy, etc.
- Scarf - Liz Claiborne, purchased here for $5.95
- Belt - Emmanuel, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Brooch - Fairweather, c. 1986, homegrown vintage
- Earrings - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Have you ever built an outfit around a single item, like a scarf? Any tips to share?
My friends, I've got Friday off, so stay tuned - I will return with tales of adventure!