Hello, my friends! Did you miss me? I totally forgot to warn you about our mid-week shenanigans on Tuesday night! Guess where I was?
|Hint: that's John Fluevog on the left!|
But first, let's do Tuesday's work outfit.
- Blazer - Le Chateau, consignment; last worn here in October with a bookish skirt
- Tux blouse - no label, thrifted; last seen here in November with monochrome wines
- Skirt - Club Monaco, consignment; last worn here in October with olives
- Shoes - Tudor Prysten, Fluevog; first seen here in August with peacock and pink
- Leather coat (below) - Jeno de Paris, vintage 70s, thrifted; purchased here for $64.99
There's some colour!
Like this lovely cream brocade blazer.
All locked and loaded, although I didn't wear it this way except when I put my coat on.
- Silk scarf - Pierre Balmain, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Necklace/earrings - vintage 50s, vintage fair
- Earrings - gift from Mom
Rar, this dragon is looking at you!
After work, L and I rushed home to get ready to go out - yes, on a "school night"! Such scamps we are!
- Dress - Planet, consignment; purchased here for $40.00
- Shoes - Poser Ioni, Fluevog; last worn here in October with a chartreuse cheater
- Coat (below) - Prosper & Devine, antique mall; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December
Just enough time to take some pictures before we dashed off to the downtown Fluevog store!
|"You're choosing shoes over me?"|
Victoria was a stop on John's book-signing tour - of course, we had to go!
|L, you silly guy!|
We always stand out in a crowd, but at Fluevog events, everyone looks like us! There were two other people wearing skinny plaid pants, and another guy wearing the same boots in brown as L's.
|"I bet no one looks like me."|
In such a hurry, I'm blurry!
Ally saw this book in New York and sent it to me a couple of months ago - I have read it cover to cover and so appreciate Ally's thoughtfulness. It's a gorgeous book, full of pictures of gorgeous shoes!
Fully bundled up for the chilly night.
- Scarf - V. Fraas, thrifted
- Gloves - Danier
- Bracelet/earrings - Myka, gift from L
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
We got there early, with only a few people in the store. It was packed an hour later.
here), and met some really cool new folks.
Ack! There's John himself! The blazer he's wearing is patterned with a painting of scenes from John's life and his 50 years doing shoes.
these). Short and sweet. There were a lot of people in line for signing.
Here's my beautiful book.
Our friends Yvonne and Randall, and Linda and Brad, also showed up.
Randall and Yvonne.
here in December 2012...with my grey wooly boots! Ha, it all comes around.
Linda and Yvonne, rocking their 'Vogs.
The six of us went out for dinner after, and although we were home by 9pm, it still was exhausting partying on a school night! I did not put any effort into my outfit today.
- Dress - Essentiel Antwerp, consignment; last worn here in August with my wooly purple shoes - deja shoe!
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here (2nd outfit) in November with a cape
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted; last worn here a couple of weekends ago
Get ready for PANK! It's so pink, it's PANK!
"If this pink is PANK, does that make you a punk?" asked a colleague.
As you can see, I wore the same tights as the previous night (also the same cami underneath).
Outerwear - I needed the Unsafe ocelot today for its snuggliness.
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
- Earrings - consignment, Vancouver