Ah, what a fun weekend it has been, and continues to be. I'm eager to get back to chillin' with L and Vizzini, so let's get right to this wrap-up.
Here's Friday.Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. Get over there, go, go!
- Sweater - Dalkeith, vintage early 60s, thrifted; last seen here with witchy shoes in March
- Skirt - See by Chloe, consignment; purchased here for $10.50 last weekend
- Shoes - Eject; last worn here in July 2016 with shades of chartreuse
- Jacket (below) - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in April with magenta and chrysanthemums
First wearing of this gorgeously swooshy skirt by Chloe. Look at this nice layering detail.
Outerwear. More chartreuse!
My minor issue: I'd noticed that the zippers on the backs of the shoes were snagging on the loops of the skirt - I didn't want to rip the skirt by accident, so I came up with an ingenious (I thought) solution.
- Belt - Fendi, thrifted
- Cuff - Matisse, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Earrings - Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
- Jade ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
After a fun evening of board games and wine with L, I got up bright and early on Saturday and strolled to town to meet up with Ephemera reader Judy, who was in town visiting from Washington State. So cool, and awesome to meet you, Judy!
It was sunny, but windy and a bit chilly, so I layered up.
- Jacket - Lazy Susan's; purchased here for $60.00
- Cashmere sweater - no label, thrifted; last seen here in April with rainy pleats
- Skirt - Li's, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) in March with sparkly navy
- Shoes - Miista, thrifted; last seen here in April with a swooshy duster
I looked like this most of the day - I didn't take the jacket off at all.
- Necklace - 2028
- Ear-balls - Mango's
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Ring - Francis Jewelers, vintage 60s, Dad's
When I went to the outside stairwell to do my stair picture, I was greeted by a raucous chorus of alarms by these two seagulls who are guarding their nests on the roof of the neighbouring apartment building.
On the way to meet Judy, I took some pictures.
The pink blossoms are now mostly done.
I walked by the cathedral that my grandparents got married in.
And here I am in "tourist central" - the Inner Harbour.
Looking along the Causeway with the Empress on the right.
Clouds rolling in, looking across the harbour.
This is the Provincial Legislature building, aka the Parliament Buildings.
The statue of Queen Victoria.
She's standing under this giant sculpture in the Victoria Public Library glassed-in courtyard.
We had a great time, wandering around the city, popping into lots of my favourite shops. Neither of us bought anything (well, I bought some fudge, replaced a piece of make-up at MAC, and bought a gift for L's upcoming birthday, but nothing exciting), but it was still neat to show someone around. We had lunch at the Tapa Bar - thank you, Judy! It was so great to meet you and hang out with you!
I was pretty tired by the time I walked home, so I tumbled into bed and napped with Vizzini for an hour before I got up and changed for Winesday.
- Sweater - Rachel Roy, thrifted; last seen here in April with purple boots
- Pants - Indo Plus, purchased...oops, looks like I totally missed photographing/recording them, but I bought these here, when I was at WIN last weekend, for $7.95
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) for a shop with a coworker in September
- Jacket (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in April for theatre with Mom
Right at the last minute, I grabbed this scarf:
And here are the pants. Aren't they awesome?
|"All of these pictures would be more awesome if I was in them."|
I was going to wear these pants with a more blouse-y, loose top, but it made me look about this wide.
|I think these will hold about 16 bags of marshmallows|
Outerwear. This, plus the long fringed scarf, made me look like a genie.
- Cuff - Bauxo
- Bangle - Glee
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I stumbled in at 3am, and slept in till 11 this morning. Minimal effort in the outfit today!
- Under-t-shirt - Majestic, swap from Caro; I no longer track this - it's home clothes
- T-shirt - thrifted last weekend; not tracking this either - it's straight in the home clothes wardrobe
- Velvet jeans - DG2, thrifted; first worn here in April for a casual afternoon off
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March with stripes and leather
- Earrings - local
And now, off to enjoy the last of the weekend with my favourite guys (L and Vizzini).