Happy weekend, my friends! I hope you've had a good one. My weekend started wonderfully with a lovely Friday.
My interpretation of Casual Friday. Princess Jelly-Deer!
I'm linking up to:
- "Fake It Until You Make It" at Samantha's Fake Fabulous - she's a newer discovery to me (I'm always late to these things), but she's lovely, check her out!
- Sweater - Kersh, screened by Pina, thrifted; last worn here in August 2017 with turquoise suede
- Skirt - S. Oliver, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Shoes - Portia, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) two weeks ago
- Fur jacket (below) - Bebe, vintage store; last seen here last weekend
The silly element of the odd print is what makes this outfit for me. I informed all my coworkers, "I am Princess Jelly-Deer. You may call me "Your Highness."
This skirt was lovely to wear - very swooshy! It was a windy day and it swooped and billowed in a very fun way. I did have to be careful of my office chair wheels and not to step on it when climbing stairs (it's quite long), but that's skirt wrangling for ya - we all do it!
Please admire the swoosh.
I could find no better jacket than my fancy fur one.
You might have noticed that my skirt has a big fold in the middle of the front. Or maybe you didn't??
|Safety pins = klassy|
- Necklace/earrings - Sherman, vintage 60s, thrifted; purchased for a total of $24.00
- Bracelet - Coro, vintage 70s, Mom's
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Speaking of Klassy tricks with clothes, here are some bulldog clips.
And here are Friday's Alexander McQueen pants. I wore them in the office with heels, which were perfect with the extra-long pants, but I walk to and from work and I wear sneakers.
Answer: you fold the cuffs up once (or however many times you need).
My work had a social committee event after work, which I stayed at for a few hours (swooshing my skirt for my coworkers), and then I met L for Thai food after.
Vizzini's been very happy to have us around all weekend. We played boardgames all weekend, every night - it's a lovely way to hang out with my fam.
|"I'm on patrol, Woman. There are birds to watch."|
|"The seagulls are the enemy!"|
|"They taunt me so."|
- Wool cardigan - Theory, thrifted; first worn here in February belted over a red dress
- Blouse - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here under embroidered velvet in November 2017
- Skirt - See by Chloe, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2017 with this same blouse (I'm so original)
- Shoes - Karl Lagerfeld; last seen here (2nd outfit) with bright blue for the theatre a couple of weeks ago
Super-casual - I knew I'd be in for a 4+ hour day shopping. I so love to spoil L on his birthday!
It was another breezy but sunny day, so I was nicely covered up and also swooshy.
My cardi's got pockets.
Those are good shopping shoes. I walked all over town and schlepped my bags home after, just in time for dinner and more board games.
- Ear-balls - Dior, consignment
I found a few things for myself (I usually do...). This was just too fun to leave behind at the WIN warehouse store.
It was $9.95. It's very nice quality.
I fell in love with these Biko earrings at Verve consignment. I've never heard of this name, but turns out they are a Canadian company, and these were made in Canada (link here, 'cause I love).
I love the swooshy fan shape.
I also found a dress at Verve, for $45.00 (it was substantially marked down from $129.00).
I like the pattern a lot too - especially the turtle shooting fireworks out of his bum.
It's by Birds of North America, and it's made in Canada
It's called the Tattler (and you can match me - it's for sale here! FYI, only). It's on sale new for $129.00
I should not have stopped in Footloose shoes. It is a dangerous store. I tend to stalk shoes there until they go on sale or end up in the "last pairs" section.
These were marked down to $120 from $240. Yay, half price!
Since my rust-coloured sandals were kicked out of my closet, I had my radar set for a replacement pair. I don't mind paying for good quality shoes when they are just right!
these, still in my closet, and these, since passed along). They are expensive, but worth it, and I was lucky to find my size at half price: $199.50, from $399.00.
Look at these beauties! They remind me of the 70s and also of the 30s before that.
And see, they are not actually that high - it's all platform. You're going to be seeing these soon. I love them.
|"I'm stealing pieces when you aren't looking."|
|"I resemble these accusations, I admit it."|
Today, I got up early and coloured my hair. It fades so fast. And now it's dark, but it'll lighten up until it's time to dye it again. Gah, hair.
- Dress - Kate Moss Topshop, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in August 2017 for a casual weekend
- Shoes - Ecote, thrifted; last seen here (last outfit) in September 2017 at the end of a big vacation break
- Jean jacket (below) - Ann Taylor Loft, NYC; last worn here a couple of weekends ago
I've decided that this dress is done with me. I love the bottom of it, I mean, look at the volume!
I covered up with my jean jacket and my squishable hat.
- Hat - Bianca Nygard, thrifted
I still like these sandals, and they are weird and comfortable, which equals "keeper" in my book.
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
Vizzini's ears perfectly express how I feel about going back to work tomorrow.
|"I don't like it."|