My office is moving locations in less than 2 weeks, and I've been hugely stressed by this. I have so many little things to do - I've been dreaming of work! How horrible!
- Mustard cardigan - no label, thrifted; first worn here in January with plaid
- Sleeveless sweater - Eileen Fisher, thrifted; purchased here for $6.00
- Skirt - Dries Van Noten, consignment, San Francisco; last seen here in November 2017 with a tribble sweater
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last worn here in January for a Saturday brunch
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted; last seen here in January
I spent Friday doing a lot of little fiddly admin-type things - this made me feel better and more chill.
I liked how the olive green sleeveless wool sweater went with the non-olive in this outfit. I figure the blue in the skirt plus the mustard yellow would mix to make olive.
It has pockets - that's the best!
Outerwear - I foolishly didn't wear any gloves or scarf because it was sort of sunny out! Sunny means warm!
- Tapered bead necklace - c. 1997, Alaska, from Mom
- Necklace - vintage fair
- Bracelets - thrifted
- Rings - thrifted
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Mom
L and I hung out on Friday night and played board games, then slept in slightly on Saturday before rousing ourselves for brunch at Floyd's.
- Sweater - Lacoste, vintage, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) over Christmas 2017
- Skirt - Strawberry Jill, thrifted; first worn here in December 2017 with shades of brown
- Shoes - Matisse; last seen here in November 2017 with waistless browns
- Leather jacket (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here in December 2017
I knew I'd be covered up for most of our time out - I only took my jacket off when I was having breakfast in the diner.
Good thing there is no real back-seam, as it spun around as we walked to and from town.
Outerwear - L is picking out his hat (he went with the pork-pie).
- Fur scarf - Danier, thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Heart pin - Smoking Lily
- Leather gear cuff - SkinzNHydez
- Brass cuff - c. 1970, Mom's
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
Still itching to get my retail therapy on, I went to Dots for a browse. I don't shop there often, as I don't like buying new, but I'll make an exception to them. For one, I've been shopping there since the 80s (!!), and for another, it's all salesman samples, so you can find some really unique pieces.
I found two things in the new section (so they were a little pricey), but I love them both so I'm happy.
They are by Noa Noa - Dots is the only place in town I've ever seen Noa Noa. Every Noa Noa piece I've ever owned has been from Dots.
They were $49.99.
I also found this wonderful soft rose velvet dress.
This dress is by Ichi (here it is, if you want to match me! Linking 'cause I love).
Here's the sample tag:
I like the relaxed fit, that it's short and soft, and the sexy neckline. Of course, I wore it for the party!
This is my look for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get there! Stat!
- Dress - Ichi; purchased same day for $49.99
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here (4th outfit) with a vintage purple party dress in December 2017
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in January
I felt gorgeous and sexy all night!
Outerwear - Caro and Ron live longer than a walk away, so L and I took the city bus there and caught a cab home (at 2:30am). What a party!
- Cashmere/silk pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
L and I always make a statement.
- Belt - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Bracelets - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fairs
- Earrings - vintage fairs
- Ring - Vintage expo
On Sunday, I briefly ventured out to get groceries, and stopped in at Rich Rags (hello!) to see if they had anything exciting. I found this lovely summery tank dress for $25.00.
One thing I do not like:
However, I soothe myself with the lovely and vibrant tulip print on the front and feel better.
I recognized this as being another "by Christian Lacroix" item, so $25.00 was a really good deal for this! It retailed for $165.00 Canadian.
here it is (thank you, Vogue, linking 'cause I love), picture 56, second-last item in their runway show from that season. If you peek at slide 57, you'll see that even on the runway...the back is black!
Today, Monday, is Family Day in BC, so we have the day off! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, my friends!