Oh, I've missed you guys! Hello! I'm back! Our office move has happened, and while things are completely chaotic still, we have physically moved 200 people from two offices into one new one. I. Am. So. Done.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in a seasonal look in December 2017
- Skirt - Hucke, vintage, thrifted; first worn here with burgundy ruffles in October 2917
- Shoes - Half Truth Tanya, Fluevog; last seen here in January with mustard and plaid
- Coat (below) - Stop Staring!, thrifted; last worn here in January
This was my view when I stood on the stairs.
After slogging through my stressful day, I did my WW meeting...where my boss dropped in to do my every 2 years performance review. Except it wasn't my boss, it was my boss' boss.
I enjoyed this kicky outfit - it was easy to work in and lug things around and throw away 15 years of accumulated office junk.
Outerwear - I love this coat so much, but it was WAY too cold.
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Leather stitched gloves - thrifted
- Beaded cuff - thrifted
- Metal bracelet - thrifted
- Hematite rings - thrifted
- Silver/obsidian ring - Mexico, gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1984
- Earrings - vintage fair, first wearing
I'd forgotten about these earrings! I really like having a cool pair in this shade of green.
More snowy morning sunrise pictures.
Snow overhanging the deck roof.
Friday was the day we packed all the employees up. It was a 10 hour day for me.
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in November 2017 for a casual weekend brunch
- Shirt - Guess, thrifted; purchased here for $5.95
- Bike commuter jeans - Levi Strauss, thrifted; last worn here in December 2017 with velvet and rhinestones
- Doc Martens - worn daily, and I don't track them
- Coat (below) - T Tahari, thrifted; last seen here a week ago
I look and feel faded there.
Many of my coworkers were shocked to see me in jeans, but there is always lots of love for my floral Docs. I wear these jeans around the house on a weekly basis, and the Docs are my walk-to-and-from work shoes during cold, wet weather.
I didn't take the cardigan off all day, but since it was the first wearing of this cute plaid sleeveless shirt, here's how it looks.
This is how I really felt about my day.
Outerwear - I smartly loaded on all the warmest stuff for the weather this time!
- Fur toque/scarf - Danier
- Gloves - Parkhurst
Friday night was the first time I'd seen L in a while, other than an hour here or there. We hung out and played boardgames. Best part of my weekend!
I worked Saturday and Sunday, getting the boxes to the right desks, setting up all 3 kitchens and lunchroom, loading up the office supply rooms, putting up signs, gathering keys, checking access cards...all those million little things that no one else can do.
I worked 8.5 hours on Saturday, came home and slept for 2 hours. L went to our friend Greg's birthday party solo - I couldn't face "making nice" with a bunch of people, so I stayed home, dyed my hair, shaved my legs, ate popcorn and chocolate, and watched wedding dress reality shows until I fell asleep on the couch. That's some good self-care there!
See? I coloured my hair, and it's all dark again. This is what I wore on Sunday.
here, in 2009!), layered over a bamboo t-shirt, and my Gap camo pants. This was an 11.5 hour day. I barely remember it. There was always one more thing to do.
Today/Monday, I had to be at the new office for 7am to give out access cards. I started at the old office first to pick up some things, then got to watch the sun rise through our boardroom next to my reception desk. It's the first time I've had natural light at my desk in seven years! What a treat!
Anyway, I was up at 5am, and out of the house by 6:20, so it was dark out still - no stair picture. I planned to take it when I got home, but I ended up working late (my computer finally decided I was not going to destroy the company, and I had a lot of catching up to do), and putting in another 11.5 hour day.
- Jacket - Kenzo, vintage 90s, thrifted; first worn here in January with cobalt blue
- Sleeveless blouse - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here in October 2017 with purple and tassels
- Skirt - Dries van Noten, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in November 2017 for a vintage fair and a film about Dries
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last worn here in January with flared jeans
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago
I liked all the folds and tucks and pleats in this outfit.
A special shout-out to one of our very first visitor to the office today, who actually reads my blog - Corinne! Hello! Thank you so much, and I am just tickled that you enjoy it.
Outerwear - more coziness and comfort, even though the snow has now all melted.
- Silk/cashmere pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Cuff - Trifari, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Earrings - made by Sherri B
- Ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
There you go, that's what I've been up to. I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.