When I have a new piece that I'm
nervous excited about, I tend to do a few try-ons in the closet to see how it's going to look on me. I kind of just winged it with these pants.
- Jacket - Suzy Shier, thrifted; last seen here with blah magenta and white in August 2016
- Shell - Jessica, thrifted; not tracked
- Trousers - Linda Lundstrom, swap from Caro; given to me here on the weekend
- Shoes - First by Feet First; last seen here in May with a sack dress
I know they might not look super-flattering, but maybe it's like with the skinny jeans in the mid-oughts: we just need to give our eyes time to get used to seeing wide-legged trousers again?
I asked Emily from work if I could feature her in today's post. Why? We matched!
|Oops, I forgot to take off my keys/access cards|
Emily is my finger on the zeitgeist of officewear. If she's wearing it, then it's the thing to wear. We are both doing:
- Cropped, fitted jackets that don't do up, with scrunched up arms
- A basic solid coloured shell, not a high neck
- High-waisted, full pants with a tapered ankle
- An obi-style belt (mine's separate, hers is attached to her pants)
- Pointed-toe basic pumps
I'm doing a whole lot more colour, obviously, but so similar! I haven't been this matchy with someone in the office in a long time. I did get many compliments on this outfit, so I dunno, maybe I've struck gold with my outfit?
Silver and steel bling (with a side of blue):
- Obi - Smoking Lily, thrifted
- Earrings - Joyce's, vintage 80s
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Hematite bracelet - thrifted
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes