Oh, gosh, you guys are so sweet...it is so nice to know you "get me". It's not always easy to put yourself out there. This is one of the reasons I find blogging so rewarding.
- Blouse - Free People, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Trousers - Pariscope, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in February with neutrals (note: that picture of the Castle is one that my mom has turned into an amazing painting!)
- Shoes - Guess; last seen here in December 2016 with Avon and Helmut Lang
- Vest (below) - 2b Bebe, consignment; last seen here in February for a shopping expedition
Can we talk trousers? I hate(d) wearing them. Because I have been fat (go here if you didn't know this), I have always felt horribly exposed in pants. A skirt or dress hides a multitude of thigh! Since I lost weight, I've worn pants here and there, but I've always felt like if I wear pants, it will emphasize my bum, legs, thighs, stomach, you name it.
*ahem* Anyway...here's my vest, which was far, FAR too warm today, but I just really liked the look of it with the outfit. I only wore it walking to and from work.
They are gone because I have actually worn them out - the inside red is flaking off, the heels are very dented, and the black is wearing off around the heel. The patent leather sticks to itself, and I nearly wiped out a couple of times today when one foot hit the other and I stumbled. They also are a bit too high (sore feet today after an 8 hour day, plus my WW meeting), and they rub my toes. My feet don't like them.
Black and gold bling:
- Necklace - ElleandEm, thrifted
- Ring - POLY, vintage fair
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
* * *
Okay, you ready? Enjoy a little retrospective of all the times I've worn these black Guess pumps!
- I still have the bustier from this January 2010 outfit here, noting that I bought the shoes just after Christmas for around $40.00.
- I saw the dress from this February 2010 outfit here in a thrift store recently.
- With a cool black dress to the Art Gallery in March 2010 here.
- My much-loved houndstooth skirt was still around here in April 2010.
- In June 2010 here with my beloved pajama dress.
- In August 2010 with polka dots, here.
- For a job interview here in October 2010 with tweed.
- In December 2010 here for my last casual Friday at my old job.
- For my friend Cat's surprise birthday party here in March 2010 (rowr! leopard).
- In May 2011 here with pink tights and a black dress.
- With drapey purple in July 2011 here (man, my pictures were small then).
- Earlier in October 2011 here with stripes and dots.
- With a sparkly orange and black dress for Hallowe'en 2011 here.
- Wearing a red dress two ways in December 2011 here (they're in the 2nd way).
- For New Year's Eve 2012 here (check out my crimped hair!) for the first wear of my stained glass dress!
- I wore them lots of times in the June 2012 30 For 30 For 12 Wardrobe Capsule Challenge. Recap here, but actual outfits here (classy!), here (leopard and pops of red), here (leopard and brown), here (with pink legs!), here (ooh-la-la!).
- For Valentine's Day 2013 here with a really red dress.
- With ginormous plaid and a Mr. T chain necklace, here in June 2013.
- With magenta and tux pants here in November 2013.
- Way, way down here in January 2014, with my velvet vintage cheongsam dress (the day I bought it).
- With lemon and houndstooth in February 2014, here (and some kitty pictures).
- In April 2014 here, they worked with white, yellow and black.
- A mod May 2014 outfit in red and black here - gotta do black shoes.
- In November 2014 here, I had it goin' on with purple leather and black embroidered velvet.
- Copper paisley and mustard totally worked with black shoes here in December 2014.
- I wore an uncommon amount of black for one day in January 2015 here.
- With polka dots and florals, in April 2015 here, you just need a black shoe to ground that.
- Did you know I did a link-up series called "Shoe Shine" in 2015? They were featured in it here.
- For Battle of the Yellow Dresses in April 2015, here (spoiler: the dress I wore yesterday won).
- In June 2015 here with purple leather and a V leather top.
- My old lock and key pants (now gone) with a one-and-done blouse here in November 2015
- With black and red and funky tights in October 2016, here.
- I last wore them in this outfit in December 2016, here.
Including today's outfit, that is 37 times worn in over 7 years, so just under $1.00 per wear. I definitely got my money's worth!
I will be back on Sunday with my weekend outfits - including my new jumpsuit! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and thank you again for all your kind comments. You guys rock!