Well, that was a weekend! And I still have some precious time left, so must do the blog, then enjoy these last few hours!
First of all, linking up to:
Thank you to both ladies for hosting these link-ups! Please take the time to visit and check out the other stylish participants.
Let's cast our minds back to Friday. This is my Casual Friday outfit - another black and white dress!
- Dress - Joe Fresh, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2016 with
- Shoes - Feet First; last worn here with all silks and dots in April
- Coat (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here on May 4th
Outerwear. Only barely needed - it's started to clear up! Fewer clouds, warmer temps, glimpses of sun! Could it be...?
Silver and blue bling:
- Cuff - Fossil, gift from L
- Bangle - Glee
- Earrings - local
- Vine ring - purchased in Scotland in 1996, made there
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
On Friday night, L and I chilled and played a couple of games of Arkham Horror. Vizzini helps.
|"I keep track of the elastic bands."|
He does sulk when we play.
|"Fine. If you don't want me to sleep on your lap, I will sleep here."|
It started getting warm as the sun went down.
|"Woman, perhaps you should feed me some more kitty treats."|
He also helped us get ready for Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday morning.
|"The Man will never be able to pack! He'll have to stay home with me."|
- Dress - Lirub; last seen here with the same cardi, in September 2016 for Ultimate again
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last worn here in August 2016 with shiny greens
- Cardigan (below) - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in April over Etro
I was covered up whenever I was in the sun.
here for $4.00.
- Earrings - vintage expo
We hung out at home for the afternoon, had a nap, read for a while, then headed over to Cat & Ross' place to play more board games and meet their new kitty, Baxter.
|"I am all the kitty you need right here, Woman."|
|"He couldn't possibly be as fun as me."|
|"These are very high criteria. You are much too fussy about such things."|
- Click by Color Me Cotton, thrifted; purchased here in March after the last vintage fair for $22.95
- Sandals - Born, consignment; last seen here for our trip to Powell River in August 2016
- Cardigan - Reitman's, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) last June 2016 for L's birthday weekend
L was blasting music while I was getting ready, so I couldn't hear the camera timer. Did it go off or not?
Contact and sunglasses again. I need a bigass round pair of Sophia Loren-style sunglasses, I think.
- Glass bangle - thrifted
- Necklace - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
I took my camera out for the afternoon, so forgive my personal indulgence of a few pictures.
We passed this hotel where we spotted some bridesmaids getting a bride into a car.
We had about 16 friends show up over the next few hours. What a wonderful bunch of friends we have!
Me and Yvonne.
It was so bright, it was hard to see with the sun behind us.
Yvonne and Vero.
Karen and Casey, two of my oldest friends.
Ross and L can always be counted on to ham it up.
After a few hours, it was time to move on.
Wandering down the street, repeating, "We're not tourists," to the street vendors.
We move with energy, and a jump in our steps!
The Inner Harbour area is so full of tourists - this is the first big weekend of the season! It only gets more crowded over the summer - a good place to avoid if you're local.
We went to the Churchill Pub for dinner and a few more bevvies, and it was still light when we left.
Today/Monday, L and I had a quiet morning, then walked to town for a quick lunch bite followed by the new "Guardians of the Galaxy (Vol 2)" movie.
- Kimono jacket - Urban Renewal; last worn here in September 2016 for a tattoo session
- Blouse - Abercrombie & Fitch, thrifted; last seen here in April under lavender
- Culottes - Jones New York, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit) in March with copper leather
- Sandals - Ecote, consignment; purchased here for $10.50
Culottes never photograph well. Alternate stair pose!
- Belt - Mimi Di N, thrifted
- Earrings - Joyce's, vintage 80s
And here we are, trying to write this post while someone bugs me for his dinner.
|"You need to pay me more attention, Woman."|