I own several black and white and grey dresses - I've accumulated many neutrals to set off this purple hair thing I have going.
- Dress - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here (twice) in June 2016, once with yellow and once with orange
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog via the Fluemarket; last worn here in September 2016 with pink and birds
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
- Great cut
- Nice pattern (it's not real lace, just woven to look like it)
Reasons why I don't like this dress:
- It doesn't fit right in the neckline (see my gaping expanse of bra hanging out in the stair pic)
- It has no pockets
- It has no stretch
- Twice on the same day (once with yellow accessories, once with orange stuff) in June 2016, here, as noted above.
- In May 2015, for my purple hair launch here, with yellow and black accents.
- In March 2015, here (2nd outfit), with burgundy stuff and red cowboy boots.
- In November 2014, here, with green and gold accessories.
- In July 2014, here, with pink and purple accents.
- In June 2014, here, with yellow and black stuff.
- In February 2014, here, with a favourite pair of shoes, for Dress Week.
- Briefly in January 2014, here, with plain ol' black (I was sick).
It was purchased here in January at The Patch for $38.98 (discounted further with a buy-one/get-one deal). I've worn it 10 times in over 3 years, so that's under $4.00/wear, which I am good with. Off you go, into the wash, then to the giveaway pile!
Outerwear. It was freezing this morning, so out comes the leather. I regretted not wearing gloves and a scarf, but didn't need them by the time I walked home.
|"Hmm, what is this interesting yellow thing on your foot? Oh, are you taking a picture?"|
This week's nail polish is one of the older ones in the collection. This is a Jet-Set quick dry polish by L'Oreal, called Dive Bomb. It's a grey with a greeny/yellow iridescent.
Oh I'm sad to see that dress go as I always like it when you wear it :) I'm trying to work on reducing my wardrobe, and maybe a pros and cons list will help! Thanks for the inspiration :)ReplyDelete
I know, I like it too, but it's not a "forever" keeper dress, especially with the fit issues. Pros/cons help me - that's awesome if they work for you!Delete
Love the yellow and grey!ReplyDelete
Thank you, my dear!Delete
That dress served you well. Time to move on. I understand the lack of pockets and any stretch and gaping to be troublesome. Now you'll need a replacement. I wore my winter coats for the past two mornings. I left out one for emergencies - glad I did.ReplyDelete
It did, and I'm not sad to see it go. Perfect clothes come around so infrequently - sometimes it's okay to have "good enough for now" clothes. Ha, I have plenty to take its place!Delete
I know, I have had to get into my leathers again! Stoopid weather! It's supposed to be nice this weekend??
I like the dress but I think it got a good run and you've made it very clear why its not a keeper, plus you have other fab dresses to choose from. Your edit posts inspire me to get rid of things that don't make me look and feel good-ReplyDelete
Agreed, and I have a LOT of other dresses! Your posts inspire me too - it's a win-win!Delete
Grey and yellow are such a great pairing. I get what you mean about the dress - it looks so lovely, but how it feels is is more important.ReplyDelete
Yes, and I'm good with letting it go after all these years. Thank you!Delete
It's a really nice outfit on you, Sheila. I really like grey and yellow together and you have reminded me I own very little grey clothing...ReplyDelete
The dress looks as if it does have stretch and it fits you really well in the body; still it sounds as if you have had your money's worth out of it!
Thanks so much, Veronica! I love this colour combo - I have to have the right grey, though, or it washes me out. Yup, time to let this dress go - it's had its time in my closet.Delete
lovely outfit, the grey 'lace' looks amazing and elegant, and I love your matchy bijouterie!, all that bright yellow color!, and your shoes!!ReplyDelete
Thank you! It's such a pretty dress, but I'll always have the pictures.Delete
It's a nice dress, but you have ones that are better, and it will free up space for a new thing in your closet. It has served you well, now off to it's next owner! It's strange that when I had coloured hair, I seemed to wear more bright colours, and now that my hair is its natural gray/brown, I wear more blacks and grays. Hmmmmmmm.....ReplyDelete
Agreed, it's time to let it go. I still wear lots of colours, but I have noticed that I'm often drawn to neutrals with the thought of how they will accentuate my hair.Delete