Well, I need a nap - it's been quite the weekend!
After a fun evening of board games on Friday night, L and I played Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday morning.
- Top - Two Women and a Trunk, thrifted; last worn a week ago here (2nd outfit) for grocery shopping
- Skirt - Marciano, gift from Caro; last worn here (2nd outfit) for a June trip to Sidney, nearly identical outfit
- Sandals - Born, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) a couple of weeks ago for a park afternoon
|L packing up all our gear - discs, cones, water, cleats, etc.|
|It's all about logistics|
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
It was a really hot sunny day, so we were all just dying in the heat. More sunblock!
|"I just roll with it, as all cool cats do."|
I'd planned a nap after brunch, then a nice shower before Mom came over, but all this walking caused us to be later than planned.
- Dress - Mary Jo Bruno, consignment; last seen here in July for the Swan's gang reunion
- Shoes - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last worn here in June with emerald and houndstooth
here, and a review here.
However, my theatre dates with Mom are more about us spending the time together and less about the plays themselves - we always have great conversations talking about them after.
- Belt - Mimi di N, thrifted
- Earring and cuff - local
- Stud - don't remember
When I got home, L was studying for a job interview next week. Vizzini helped.
|"Put down: Good with cats."|
I was up bright and early this morning to head to town to buy my groceries.
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here (6th outfit) as sunblock/cover in June
- Cami - Esprit - I don't track these anymore
- Skirt - Concept XXV, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May for brunch
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) last weekend for groceries
- Earrings/ring - local
And what a lucky day it was! The store is having a half-price sale! Everything was on 50% off. Woo hoo!
I found two dresses. This one is by H&M.
This dress is why I always go through all the sizes. It was marked a size 12.
This fully covers my tattoo (a consideration now). It's by Seduce and on the tag its says it's designed in Australia. Are Australian sizes different than North America?
I've been looking to replace some of my cheap camis with "real" tops. I found this lovely sweater-weight Gap top for $9.50.
Another little sweater-weight top replaces my black top of the other day.
This periwinkle blue sweater is a thin knit - the neckline is great on me, as is the colour.
This is a silk blouse in cream and navy. Do you see the birds?
Nice little details.
I actually tried on and put this blouse back last time I shopped here - I couldn't pay $28.95 for it. It felt like too much.
It's by Ralph Lauren, it's sheer and get a load of these ruffles!
As are capelets:
A pretty chrysanthemum:
this one, back in January 2013) which I purchased for $34.00 new. This is very similar, either by them or maybe Smoking Lily. Either way, it was all of $7.50. It's a great tattoo cover/office A/C cover up.
Yvonne and I had huge laughs while shopping. We spent over 3 hours shopping, going through every rack, and did 3 massive try-ons of clothes, swapping things around. We each bought these same camo pants, for $9.50. It's rare to see the exact same thing (one pair in each of our sizes too!) in a second-hand store, much less have them look great on both of us.
I'm off to make dinner and chill out with L for the evening. And how was your weekend?