It's not that I am slamming a compliment - I love compliments! thank you! - but when a dozen people say, "Nice dress!" to you over 8 hours, and you are not wearing a dress...it wears on you a little.
- Blouse - no label, thrifted; last seen here under Vivienne Westwood in November 2017
- Skirt - Maeve, thrifted; last worn here with colourful Gookey in November 2017 (I love that outfit)
- Shoes - Big Presence Earhart, Fluevog; first worn here in January in a classic combo
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in January
I do one of two things when I'm uninspired with getting dressed (it happens when I'm tired): I wear a dress, or I build an outfit around one of my LOVE items. This skirt is one of my LOVE items.
I only paid $16.95 for it in 2015!), and I love every single outfit I've done with it. I have done a white shirt with it before (here in July 2016), but I really liked these shoes with it, and then the white shirt made sense to showcase the skirt and shoes.
Outerwear - stoopid rain. I hate carrying an umbrella, but it was too much rain for my hair in a hat.
- Pashmina - Portolano, thrifted for $9.95 - first wear!
- Leather gloves - consignment
The cashmere/silk pashmina was snuggly warm!
here in April 2012 for the Victoria Steampunk Convention, and bought it for only $5.50. Ah, memories - that's a rabbit-hole of a post, by the way (you have been warned).
- Belt - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Necklace - thrifted
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewellers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Earrings - Jacob
I'd also forgotten about this necklace! So glad I spotted both of these things, hiding in plain sight.