Hey, I'm back! I deliberately took time off from the interwebz world this weekend, and spent a lot of time indoors (board games, TV, movies, reading) and not doing much of anything other than wallowing in being sick. I'm doing a lot better, just mostly tired now.
But here's Saturday's outfit. L and I met up with Elaine for lunch.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Happy New Year to all my visible peeps!
- Shirt - Dept, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) after we got home from vacation in September 2017
- Leather pants - Gap, c. 2000, thrifted; last worn here in March 2017
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here in December 2017 with a shiny dress
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last worn here in December 2017
More old favourites - they're what I gravitate to. I know how they fit, I know what they go with, I know how they'll be all day.
Proof that I don't match my mug to my outfit!
Outerwear - it was nice out for our walk to town, but by the time Elaine and I headed off to the mall, there was quite a brisk wind.
- Scarf - Danier Leather, thrifted
- Studded gloves - Danier Leather
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
I had a big gift card from my birthday in October from coworkers to my favourite make-up store: MAC Cosmetics. I love MAC because they are a Canadian company, they make most of their products in Canada, and everything is recyclable. Their return program is aces: for every 3 items you return (eg. empty lipsticks, used-up eyeshadows, empty powder compacts), you get a free lipstick, Lipglass or eyeshadow. I tend to save them up and replace all my eyeshadows or lipsticks every couple of years. It's such a great deal.
- Two lipsticks - Rebel (a new-for-me magenta-pink in a creamy finish) and Violetta (from the Amplified collection, a lovely frosted purple). This is my 3rd tube of Violetta.
- Studio Fix powder - I use up one of these in about 4 months. I have oily skin, and this powder base gives me an amazing finish. I use the sponge pad in winter for more coverage, and a big fat brush in the summer for a sheerer foundation.
- A new sheer blush in a rosier pink (my old blush was too orange-toned). This is called Breath of Plum.
- A shiny pink frosted eyeshadow in Stylishly Merry. I love a nice shiny eyeshadow.
- A Lipglass in a dark winey-purple called Saucy Little Thing (on sale).
- Another sale piece, a collection of 6 eyeshadows called Love in the Glades.
- My usual Select Moisture Cover liquid cover-up.
I also had a couple of mall gift cards from my mom, usable at any mall store. Elaine and I went into so many stores...and you know, I am TOTALLY spoiled by thrift store and consignment store shopping! I don't know how people can shop in malls. Everything is the same, the quality of the garments are generally very poor, and there is so much, but nothing has any personality. It was fun to look around, knowing I could buy something new for "free", but I much prefer my second-hand shopping.
I spend my cards on one item, but it's a doozy.
Even the back is done!
Check it out. Even the piece that would hide behind the zipper on the front is embroidered so that when you wear it open, the embroidery is showing.
More embroidery on the arms. Yes, on the arms!
That was my weekend, in its entirety. Today is Monday, and oh, it was a very busy day. Five new people started at my office!
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; purchased here on a buy-2/get-1-free for free!
- Dress - Desigual, vintage fair; last seen here in August with green shoes
- Shoes - Versace Jeans Couture, vintage 90s; last worn here in December 2014 with a purple dress
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted; last seen here in November 2017
My first wearing of this baby blue studded jean jacket - I liked how it actually kind of calmed down the wild patterns in this dress.
Showing off the pockets in my dress! Yes!
So many studs! It makes me happy.
Outerwear - a bit of badassery for a Monday. Out of my way - I've got a job to do!
- Hat - Andre, Roberta's Hats
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Studded gloves - Danier Leather
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini loved having L and I home most of the weekend. He was distraught this morning when we got ready to leave.
|"But what about nap time?"|