Gah, such a short weekend! It only feels like a few minutes ago that I was getting ready to unleash the tiger dress on the Art Gallery for Urbanite!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, now, hurry!
- Dress - The 1300 Collection, Holt Renfrew, vintage 70s, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) in September 2016 for Vero's birthday
- Booties - London; last seen here in October with baby blue and sheer dots
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last worn here in October
Urbanite (link here, 'cause I love!) was not quite ready for this much RAR - I got a lot of side-eye from the jean-and-tunic set. It's the Art Gallery, people - step up your game and put something fun on! There were not that many people who dressed up compared to previous iterations of Urbanite, which was disappointing. Half of my reason for going is to check out what people wear!
I have better dresses, to be honest.
However, I felt like a Glamazon in it, and considering I only paid $22.95 for it (a cost-per-wear of $11.50 is great!), I'm totally fine with letting it go.
The dress is 100% acetate and is quite warm on its own, so I did my sleeveless wrap coat over it for the brief walk to and from the Art Gallery.
- Studded leather gloves - Danier Leather
I was not alone in wearing black booties; I swear I have never seen so many in one place at one time! I spotted a few pairs of interesting shoes (including some fabulous red Fluevog boots), and dispensed kudos to anyone who dressed outside the norm. *sigh* Sometimes I despair at the bland fashion in this town.
- Purse - Reiss, thrifted
- Belt - thrifted, Powell River, gift from Louise
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
- Amber ring - c. 1997
- Floral ring - Sarah Coventry, vintage store, Powell River
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s, vintage fair
L and I were up early to meet Chris and Alison for brunch at Floyd's on Saturday morning.
- Dress - A Dress Town Original, vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here in February (same necklace!)
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here in October with an evil dress
- Grape Ape coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last seen here this month over plaid
And...not feeling this dress anymore either. It's joined the tiger dress in the giveaway pile.
My outerwear functioned as a blanket in the chilly theatre.
More gold bling:
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Stud - don't remember
- Other earring - c. 1996
L and I stayed home on Saturday night and played board games. Good times, spent with our fuzzy little guy, who has missed us being at home with him.
|"No, I'm totally not watching you in the reflection..."|
|"Since you're going to the kitchen anyway..."|