This outfit had such a huge reaction at work today, that I'm still a little in shock. I guess I look like a grown-up...at least from the waist up!
- Blazer - Vivienne Westwood Red Label, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $27.99 (yes, you read that right)
- White shirt - no label, thrifted; last seen here in October layered under baby blue Badgley
- Skirt - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here in March 2012 for shopping and Elton John concerting
- Shoes - Room 502 Entrance, Fluevog; last seen here in October with a mod outfit (same tights!)
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) last weekend
It's the blazer. Totally corporate, a fantastic fit on me, and then the classic white shirt. I had a meeting with the new property manager of our new office, so I wanted to make a good impression.
I think this piece actually has some age on it. It feels very high-end, and I haven't seen much of this length of blazer for a long time. Maybe early 00s?
I love a short skirt with a long jacket (and the Cake song of the same name, YouTube link here 'cause I love the band) - it's corporate on the top, rebel on the bottom! Every time I wear this fabulous shiny metallic leopard mini I feel like a million bucks. Please remind me of this post if I ever start eyeing it for the giveaway pile.
This proportion works well on me.
Jacket done up. Gawd, just a gorgeous piece. I'm boggled by it.
Outerwear. I didn't wear the "full Monty" for my meeting, just the coat, open over the outfit and the purple gloves.
- Head-wrap thing - thrifted
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Gloves - Danier
- Necklace - Allain, vintage 50s, gift from Allison
- Earrings - don't rememeber
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes