Ah, I feel all warm and fuzzy today. Must be the weather - look, I'm fuzzy!
- Cardigan - Edinburgh Tartan Shop, thrifted; purchased here for $19.95
- Sleeveless lame sweater - no label, thrifted; last seen here in March with the yeti jacket
- Skirt (part of a suit) - Precis Petite, c. 2007; last worn here in March with my leather peplum and copper (one of my favourite outfits)
- Shoes - Steve Madden, 2006, San Francisco; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July 2016 with blue and bronze leather
- Coat (below) - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; last worn here in October
I'm fully aware that this is a grandma cardigan - I'm okay with that too. It's 100% cashmere and is so freaking soft and warm. I did have to take it off several times throughout my workday, flashing all my ink in this sleeveless copper lame (lah-MAY, darlings!) sweater.
Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" one from 2012, and resolved to wear that suit again.
The whole suit thing didn't quite work for me when I planned this outfit out last night, but I'll wear the jacket separately soon. Both pieces are a silk/wool blend, and the texture is a slightly nubby herringbone tweed.
Outerwear - I'm a fan of this awesome coat. It's perfect for fall, especially with long gloves, and helps me be visible in the dim autumn mornings and evenings when I'm walking to/from work.
- Loopy cuff - Renoir, vintage 60s; vintage fair
- Hinge cuff - vintage later 60s; thrifted
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Pendant and necklace - vintage 70s, consignment, first wearing
I curate my jewelry the same way I curate my clothing: I let things go when I don't feel them any more. Not sure how long the necklace will last, but I like the pendant and long chain option. It's different.
I bought a new pair of shoes! When I was in Fluevog last weekend, I tried on the sister shoe to this one (that our local store doesn't have in stock) for size, then ordered the style and colour I wanted online. I very rarely do any shopping online, but I'm happy to do so for Fluevog. I knew which store these were coming from (Edmonton, Alberta!), they had a handwritten note in the box and some other goodies - they make you feel special.
Here's a link (they come in black too!), but it is only because I love! I'm a loyal customer.
I love the metallic pewter colour (very soft leather), the studs on the vamp (there's one at the back of the heel too), and the loose ring. These fit very narrow (I have skinny feet), and true to size (I'm a 9.5, these are 9.5s - I probably could have fit a 9, but my toes would be a bit pinched).
Check out all the goodies I got in the box.