Happy Canada Day! Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is having a lovely time, doing whatever it is you do.
Here's what I did on Friday. Day off! Canada Day! Woot!
- Dress - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) last weekend for our Sunday outing
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) the day of my spring/summer closet swap-out back in March
- Jacket (below) - Comrags, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May with Danger Pants
It was a little overcast and windy, although somewhat warm, hence the light jacket.
Purple and red bling:
Mostly leather, some silver.
Oops, forgot my belt!
I wore it "bling-side in".
- Belt - thrifted
- Purple cuff - Catalyst Reaction Leather
- Red cuff - Rimanchik
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - gift from Cindy
It was raining as L and I walked to town (he took his glasses off). L wore his Patrice Bergeron hockey jersey from Team Canada.
I spotted several Canada flag cape-wearers.
We settled into the Garrick's Head for some pints.
We sat in the old part of the pub - this pub originally opened as a saloon in 1867.
The beer selection is full of local brews.
The Garrick's Head's iconic deer head over the fireplace (garrick is a deer).
The streets and the pubs were busy! I like the blur of people going past our table.
We hung out for a while, then headed home for some time away from the crowds.
Our third flag-cape wearer!
Vizzini always loves it when we're home.
|"Oh, you're back."|
|"Did you say "fireworks"?"|
- Dress - no label, handmade; last seen here (4th outfit) for our May 2015 long weekend hang-with-friends
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (6th outfit!) with my lettuce dress in June
After brunch, I went for a quick shop at Flavour Upstairs, one of my favourite thrifty stores.
A lot of gold! I've sure gotten my money's worth out of these sandals.
- Belt - 70s vintage, Mom's
- Earrings - 5th anniversary from L
I had some good luck at Flavour Upstairs, and came away with some lovely finds.
I am always on the lookout for a nice denim dress.
The wide elastic holds everything in once it's zipped up.
It has no label on it, and was $19.99.
But I spotted the "Armani Exchange" on the zips, so I suspect that's what this is!
The first racks of sweaters for fall have appeared, so I had to scout through.
It's by Tommy Hilfiger and was $17.99.
I was surprised at how nice this sweater looked on me.
It's by Banana Republic and is wool and cashmere.
I had major flashbacks with this skirt. This is from around 1986.
The pattern you can see is actually shiny, and is harder to see in person. The background is a heathered grey.
It's by Un Deux Trois (1.2.3), and it's made in France. It was only $12.99!
Was I excited to find a poufy black leather skirt?
This has an elastic waist and pulls on. It has belt-loops, but not pockets (boo!). It was only $17.99.
I've never heard of this brand before, but it's possibly the same Episode brand that is part of the House of Fraser UK clothing line. It's been around since 1988 - this doesn't feel like a modern piece.
Freshly revived by my shopping spree, I rushed home to get ready to go to our friends Chris and Alli's for an evening of fine food and games.
- Dress - Tori Richard of Honolulu for Andrage of Honolulu, vintage 70s, Joyce's; last worn here in July 2015 on a chill weekend
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June, also on a weekend
|"Hmm, what's going on in here?"|
|"I'm too fast for your camera."|
- Earrings - gift from Megan Mae
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Today I strolled to town for groceries.
- Shirt - Dept, consignment; last seen here in March with matching legs
- Clamdiggers - Contrast, thrifted; last worn here in June on vacation
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last seen here during Shoes My Husband Hates week in June
- Earrings - Caracol
Vizzini has enjoyed his weekend.
|"No thanks to you."|
Linking up to: