Well, that was a bit of an unintended break! I forgot that I had Book Club on Thursday night, and I got home late anyways.
- Cardigan - Gap, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June, worn to the Ulti field
- Cami (underneath) - not tracked
- Skirt - Premise, thrifted; purchased here for $14.95
- Shoes - Liz Claiborne, antique shop; last worn here in September 2015 with black, grey and red mod
It was delightful to wear.
- Ear balls - Dior
- Ring - consignment
On Friday, I took one of my coworkers thrift shopping, so I dressed comfy.
- Top - Max Studio, thrifted; last seen here earlier this month with a silver skirt
- Skirt - Mario Serrano, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in March with stripes
- Shoes - Half Truth Tanya, Fluevog; last seen here in June with red and white polka dots
- Necklace - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Bangle - thrifted
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
We didn't have enough people for an Ulti game on Saturday, so L and I just went for brunch then chilled all afternoon and evening. Sunshine, naps and boardgames...ah, that is the life.
- Top - La Vie 89, thrifted; last seen here twice on the same day in May
- Skirt - Alex Coleman, vintage 70s, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2015 for brunching post-Ulti
- Shoes - Van Eli, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) in June for another post-Ulti look
- Ring/earrings - local
And now...cat pictures! Vizzini has been a character all weekend.
|"Who are you calling a character?"|
|"I'm on break. I'll be back on patrols shortly."|
|"This neighbourhood has gotten soft."|
|"What is that? Is it edible?"|
|"...and this foot goes there..."|
|"I'm going to have to do an inspection."|
|"Yes, that's it!"|
|"I can just reach it!"|
|"I'm exhausted...I'll do the paperwork later...zzzz..."|
- Games (she's into boardgames too)
And there's a Carcassonne "meeple" in each corner.
I started back in March, planning out the design on paper.
Next time I will do them darker, as they don't have much of an impact on the final result.
My first few lines.
Hey, Vizzini, what do you think?
|"Did you say something? I was napping."|
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in November 2015 with all the colours
- Top - Costa Blanca, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in July 2015 with this same skirt
- Skirt - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in that exact outfit as the top
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) for shopping in Sidney in June
- Earrings - local
I had some luck - I usually do there, which is why I try not to go there more than once per season. I'm also saving up for my next round of tattoos (she said, optimistically), so am sort of trying not to spend all my spending money.
I found some wicked cool leather shoes.
With a nice heel.
I spotted this shiny metallic blue-toned leopard skirt on the sale rack out front.
Here's a better look.
I usually pass by Joe Fresh items because they're often very cheaply made and the fabrics aren't great.
I tried on a lot of dresses, but only one made the cut:
This is by Lav & Kush, which was a sustainable, eco-friendly clothing line made in Vancouver, BC, Canada. This dress is made of hemp, recycled plastic and a touch of spandex, and it was made in Canada.
here 'cause I love) hasn't been updated in about 6 years, and they haven't updated their FB page in a couple of months. Bummer! This is a really nice dress.
I hemmed and hawed over this black and white striped sweater for a while. It was new with tags on, with the original price of $129.00...
I also picked up a mixed grab bag of jewelry for $10.98, for this set.
Vizzini is so not impressed.
|"This is how you save money?"|
Speaking of fun, linking up to: