I need another weekend to recover from this past one! Where did the time go? Well, this was Friday...
- Dress - Armani Exchange, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Skirt - Noa Noa; last worn here in May 2015 with light blue
- Shoes - Eject; last seen here in April with plaid and beading
- Ring - thrifted
- Earrings - local
L and I chilled out together on Friday night, then I was up early to help a friend get ready for the Alt-Pride Fest (link here 'cause I love). We both glammed ourselves up!
- Top - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for my Madonna/Cyndi Lauper rock star look for L's birthday in June 2015
- Skirt - vintage square dance crinoline, thrifted; last seen here in the same outfit as above
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here for concert-going with purple leopard in June
I twirled and swirled my skirt around.
- Fascinator - sex shop
- Grommet belt - gift from Ruth
- Turquoise leather belt - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Choker - consignment
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Ring - Soul Flower
After all that excitement, I had to nap for a while in the afternoon with Vizzini. Then up and get ready for Winesday!
this guy - image link).
- Jacket - Paparazzi, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January with a bowtie
- Top - Cable & Gauge, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March with these same pants
- Pants - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in June with some wacky sleeves
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) with a tropical skirt
Ready to go! Call the cab!
- Earrings - thrifted
- Scarf - Oscar de la Renta, thrifted
After a delicious sleep-in, today I headed to town to get groceries.
- Top - Two Women and a Trunk, thrifted; first worn here for our trip to Sidney in June
- Skirt - Smoking Lily, thrifted; last seen here for my adventures at the 40+ Blogger Meet-Up in Vancouver last July
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) last weekend with a crazy Hawaiian dress
Here's a little goodbye retrospective of this fabulous gingham cotton, handmade (in Victoria) skirt.
- June 2011, first worn with black and magenta, where I thrifted it for $9.00
- July 2012, worn 3 times in the 30-for-30 capsule that month
- June 2013, (5th outfit) with purple and yellow
- September 2013, with pink and white
- May 2015, with black and pink
- June 2014, with black and green bits (2nd outfit)
- April 2015, with blue and orange accents
- July 2015, worn two ways for Vancouver escapades
Including today, that's 11 wears over 5 years, so that's 82 cents per wear. I'm good with sending it off to a new home.
- Earrings - local
I shopped at WIN (Women in Need)'s Warehouse store, and had good luck on accessories, including this fabulously outrageous belt.
Check out the detail on the tongue.
Could it be...Fendi?
I also found this marvelous 70s-era gold metal disco belt.
Although I'm not a bag person, I can never resist a cute bag.
With big silver balls on the clasp and a hinged frame? Silver satin lining? Yup.
I fell for the lilac leather of this large flat clutch.
Surprise! It's vintage and it's real leather. I have a pink leather obi by Liberty Belle as well.
The only piece of clothing that I bought - and I tried on a TON of stuff - was this satin brocade cheongsam dress.
A better look at the colour and the silvery-grey satin trim on it.
Ignore my tired face - here it is on.
Yowza! I might be wearing this for my company Christmas party this year! Would you believe it was only $12.95?
Well, Vizzini, time for me to make dinner. What do you think of all these shenanigans this weekend?
|"I don't care about your stupid life unless it involves me."|
Great outfits. Love the pride ensemble. I just posted some good artwork I saw in NYC yesterday on that theme.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much - it was a wonderful experience.Delete
Your Pride ensemble is fab. "People are people." Love that too! Thanks for linking, xoxReplyDelete
Thanks, Patti! People ARE people!Delete
I had so many comments, but that cheongsam at the end has me feelin' some type of way---LOVE!!! I'm also searching for the perfect cheongsam. Love the glam look, too. Super awesome to get out there and show support. Love me some Depeche Mode <3ReplyDelete
Thank you, hon! I'm excited to wear that dress. So many dresses, so little time.Delete
Your winesday look is my favourite !ReplyDelete
The belt thrift was a total win - that's part of the love and art of thrifting. You just never know what you will find.
Thank you! Yes, such a win for Fendi!Delete
Lovely outfits, I just love that wonderful embroidered/printed jacket. It's wonderful how you keep track of all the times you wear certain items and can work out the pay per wears. Fantastic. You can certainly say you got money's worth out of the checked skirt!ReplyDelete
You got some great buys and the cheong sam dress looks fabulous on you. I would say, yes, definitely wear it to the Christmas do 0 you'll be the belle of the ball!
Isn't that a gorgeous jacket? I just trace back my wears through the "last worn here" and count them (no spreadsheets, I promise!). I do plan to wear that dress for Christmas - I hope all my new tattoos are done by then!Delete
What a brilliant post Sheila! I love that green skirt, well maybe I'd better say, I covet that green skirt and those shoes are a fabulous match. Am also coveting that turquoise belt too. (Is it you or me who's keeping a note of my wishlist from your closet? hahaha) And finally what a wonderful find that satin dress was. It fits you like a dream and does indeed need a special event to make its debut!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! I am a fan of chartreuse in general (the colour, not the liqueur, which I've never tried...so you never know!). I suspect you kind of want everything in my closet, m'dear! Thank you!Delete
I forgot everything after I saw you in that amazing cheongsam dress. Wow. Christmas Party for the win.ReplyDelete
Apparently it is a cheongsam dress. Melanie should know. Looks bloody good on you. All outfits are great. As always. You never disappoint. The Armani dress is lovely with the skirt underneath and those fabulous "low" heels. The Fendi belt for that price is a steal. They obviously did not know what they were selling.ReplyDelete
Yes, it is! Thanks, Greetje! They did know it was Fendi, but they are more concerned with turning the stock over than holding out and not selling it.Delete