My friends, I have eked out every ounce and milligram of fun out of this 5-day stay-cation! It's been a long, relaxing, fun time. And you know it's a good vacation when you end it stiff and sore and covered in bruises!
- Top - Noul, thrifted; first worn here in May with mint dots
- Clam diggers - Contrast, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) for a Zentangle date with Mom in June 2015
- Shoes - Anne Klein, thrifted; last seen here in August with more whites
- Bangle - local
- Ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Earrings - local
I stopped in at Pocket on the way home, which used to be Leche's, a thrift/trade for credit store I used to shop in more about 8-9 years ago. Look what I found!
here. I found it again for $15.00. I promise I will be more careful this time when I cut the lining out.
I also fell for this awesome minty blouse.
Check out the fabulous sleeves!
L and I also found a 90s tennis racket and a can of balls in a second-hand store on our adventure, so we went to the local courts and played tennis in the afternoon while our cleaner was making our house nice again. It poured rain, but drove away the group that usually has the outdoor courts booked, so it was all good. Although L slipped around and I whacked myself and got a blister on my thumb. First round of stiffness and injury! I haven't played tennis in 30 years!
We chilled on Thursday, and then I went to my WW meeting - it's hard to get someone to fill in, and it's only a couple of hours, so I don't mind it during my time off.
- Dress - Club Monaco, thrifted; last seen here in September 2015 for my Ulti before-and-after game outfit
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in May with copper and floral
- Jacket (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in April for a Sunday shop
|"This means you're leaving the house, right?"|
I still really like the pattern and cut of this dress.
|"It reminds me that you should stay home and nap with me."|
|"Or maybe just that you need to feed me."|
|"The food is in here, woman, and be snappy about it."|
- Necklace/earrings - Venice, gift from L
We played Arkham Horror on Thursday night. Vizzini kept us company.
|"I'm keeping a close eye on your popcorn."|
|"Paparazzi! Cease your pictures immediately!"|
On Friday - Happy Birthday, L! We slept in, went for brunch at Shine, then wandered around town, buying L things (he opened presents in the morning).
- Dress - Coldwater Creek, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in September 2015 - ha, the same weekend as the above dress!
- Shoes - Prepare Guides, Fluevog; last worn here last week in May with yellow
- Cardigan (below) - Reitman's, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in May with black and fuchsia
I have to wear something to cover up my skin on hot days, so a cardigan was needed.
|Life is so hard when you're on vacation|
- Earrings/ring - local
One of our stops was Roberta's Hats, where I replaced my lost white flower with this fabric and lace one.
We also went to one of the malls (very NOT us), because I'd found a $75.00 gift card that I'd forgotten about, and L had birthday money he wanted to spend.
And that mint-green pencil? That is an EYEBROW pencil in "Frisky Fresh".
A Bag and a Beret for showing me that only the coolest people colour their eyebrows. I won't be doing this as an everyday look, but for a special occasion?
I'm trying out the new lippy here as well. I know you glanced at it, but the eyebrows pulled you back...hypno brows...
On Friday night, L and I chilled and had some wine and had a quiet night playing more board games. My favourite way to spend an evening with my favourite person!
We woke up to HEAT on Saturday.
|"Make this stop! This cat is too hot."|
|This weekend thing...I could get used to it!|
- Dress - Simply Taylor, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) - wow! a whole year ago for L's birthday weekend again
- Shoes - Noa Noa, consignment; purchased here last weekend for $30.00
- Necklace - thrifted
- Earrings - Joyce's, vintage 80s
After brunch, we gave the house a bit of a tidy-up then had a nap.
|"Uh-oh, I know what this means..."|
- Dress - Zara, consignment; purchased here for $29.00
- Shoes - Nine West, consignment; first worn here in May with mint
Did I do my eyebrows?
I preferred my wide gold metal belt to create more waist definition/peplum action, but too hot! Less things!
- Flower clip - Roberta's Hats
- Bangle - thrifted
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
- Gold belt - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Necklace - vintage 60s, Mom's
L looked magnificent in his new shirt (purchased by moi) and his purple skinny jeans.
Today, I slept in - more groans, stiffness and uncovering Saturday's bruises - and walked very slowly to town to get groceries.
- Dress - Taylor, Jane's from the Blogger Meet-Up swap; last worn here (2nd outfit) back in August 2015 for Ulti Saturday
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2015 for another grocery trek
- Cardigan (below) - Jacob, thrifted; first worn here in September 2015 with mod stuff
Gawd, it's so hot!
|I'm a delicate flower!|
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
I popped into the Patch after groceries. It's been a few weeks - any new things? Maybe...
I had a discussion at the checkout with another woman about the vagaries of sizing. This is a very generous size 2!
I'm drawn to bold prints, especially when they have all my favourite colours.
|It has cranes on the bottom!|
A little digging down the seam reveals that it's made in the USA!
I loved this wonderful iris purple leather belt.
Well, it's going to be a shock to the system to go back to work tomorrow! However, I'm excited to be revisiting "Shoes My Husband Hates" and I hope you'll drop by and see what fresh invective L will unleash on my hapless shoes!
Linking up to: