- Jacket - Pink Tartan, consignment; last worn here in December 2020 with green sequins
- Dress - Cos, consignment; first worn here in September with pinks
- Shoes - Wonders Ayers, Fluevog; last seen here in October with olive and brown
- Fuzzy Flamingo coat (below) - Auckie Sanft, vintage 60s, vintage fair; last worn here in October
This outfit is the result of my redoubled effort to Wear My Scarves. This vintage scarf matched both the velvet jacket and the dress. Win!
As many of you adored this dress when I first wore it in the summer, I kept it out for fall...but it's not a good cold-weather dress. It's definitely a spring dress, so it's been shoved behind my skirts and is ready for me to rediscover in late March/early April.
I thought I would avoid Velvet Rage with this outfit, but I was stymied once again. The jacket caused both my vintage slip and the cotton dress lining to ride up.
I was sweaty and aggravated by the time I got to work. I wore the dress like this for most of the day, putting the jacket on when I got chilled.
I should have just worn the jacket done up like this (as far as it will go right now), and then added my outerwear accoutrements.
Outerwear. It all looks so neat here... I took the hat, gloves and scarf off on the way to work.
- Cashmere beret - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
- Mask - by Mom
- Scarf - vintage, thrifted; purchased here for $3.95
- Brooch - L's Grandma W, vintage
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Jade/brass ring - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Earrings - Reiss, vintage 60s, vintage fair
I ended up moving the brooch to the collar of the jacket once I saw the pictures. Placement is everything!