I've worn so much colour this month that I'm actually starting to miss some of the black in my wardrobe. I got my fix today with this black sweater with its white "wings" - I reclaimed it from the giveaway pile as a regret-me-not when I tidied up for Ciara a couple of weeks ago.
I'm not sure why I put it in the giveaway in the first place; it's a beautiful Club Monaco sweater, and even has a matching peplum hem with matching white trim. Maybe it was the ruffles. I've been "off" ruffles lately.
- Sweater - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here in February 2020 with a very short skirt
- Dress - Plum; last seen here last November 2020 for brunch with Betty
- Shoes - 5YMedio; last worn here in October with green pleats
- Coat (below) - Mallia, consignment; last seen here in February
If you wondered why the light in the stair picture is so pink, this was the sunrise happening while I took that pic.
Back to the outfit. I've had this red plaid dress forever - it's also been grabbed out of the giveaway more than once.
That's a vintage half-slip hanging out the bottom - the dress is unlined, so I like a slip.
Isn't that some sort of rule-breaking? White shoes + black tights?
Outerwear - it was cold enough for me to pull out this long wool coat.
I like the red accessories with it.
- Scarf - Carol Gold, Lazy Susan's
- Beret - Parkhurst, consignment
- Mask - by Mom
- Gloves - Echo, consignment
- Belt - Mudd, vintage 90s, thrifted
- Studded cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Bakelite cuff - vintage, vintage mall, gift from L
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Silver earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall