I was so fired up to wear some of my seasonal tweeds that I totally forgot how...toasty...they can be.
I was way too warm in this today! Phew! Get me a fan!
- Blazer - Julie Haus, thrifted; last worn here with olives and tans in March
- Turtleneck - Wanko, thrifted; purchased here for $7.95
- Skirt (part of a suit) - Precis Petite; last seen here in March with more green and gold
- Shoes - History Sandy, Fluevog, consignment; purchased here for $40.00
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last worn here last week
This lovely jacket is wool, with silk lining.
I love asymmetrical lapels - so funky!
I wore the back unzipped today. The rear of the jacket dips down lower than the front. I usually don't like boxy styles, but I'll happily make an exception for this lovely piece.
This skirt is pre-blog - I bought it back in 2007! It does wonderful things for my rear profile.
It's a wool and silk blend tweed, and is snuggly warm. The turtleneck, which is new-to-me, is also a wool blend. It was not quite opaque and I don't like my bra showing through, so I left the jacket on all day - ah, the things we do for fashion!
Coated - at least I had the good sense to wear my sleeveless coat over this.
I did need my cream felted wool hat, though!
- Hat - Edward Mann, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Scarf - gift from Mom
- Leather/cashmere gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Necklace - vintage 30s, vintage mall, gift from L
- Ring - Past Times, c. 1996, gift from L
- Silver/Mexican obsidian cuff/earrings - vintage 50s, Grandma J's
I found a mark on the necklace! It is so tiny, and this is the best I could photograph it.