This weekend has been absolutely lovely. Nice and quiet, just the right amount of social and non-social. Batteries recharged.
- Blouse - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in August with a matching baby blue mini
- Dress - Desigual; last worn here in December 2015 with all the colours
- Shoes - Sencha Teapot, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in April with dots for theatre with Mom
The baby blue blouse layered beautifully under it.
Why, yes, that is a rooster on my butt.
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Mom and I went to see the Victoria Operatic Society's production of "Spamalot", the musical "lovingly ripped off" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of my favourite movies.
- Blouse - Jones New York, vintage, thrifted; last worn here in July with purple bookends
- Skirt - BCBG Max Azria, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2014 to see oldster punk rocker Art Bergmann
- Shoes - Elegant Conversations Kendra, Fluevog; last seen here in May with pink ice cream on Mom's birthday
here during my Spring/Summer wardrobe swap-out and a year ago here that I hadn't worn this skirt yet, but here we go, only 2 years later. It is really a lovely piece - I felt like I was wearing armour, which was appropriate for "Spamalot". The show was good, and I enjoyed the Python references (although I know Mom missed most of them). We both left with huge smiles!
Sorry, Mom, showing the ink for this outing!
My hair desperately needed a dye job - so this covered up most of it.
Those shoes were just right for the short walk to and from the theatre from the car. I loved how they worked with the pewter leather skirt.
here in July for $12.95.
- Fascinator (not shown) - Lazy Susan's, local
- Purse - Sondra Roberts, thrifted
- Lace cuff - local, Nashville
- Cuff - St. Paul's Cathedral gift shop
- Earrings - thrifted
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
Vizzini was being inquisitive.
|"Perhaps you should give me kitty treats before you leave?"|
On Saturday morning, I was up bright and early - no Ulti, unfortunately, after our carnage-filled game last week. Instead, I went shopping with Jenn, one of my coworkers.
- Bomber jacket - Vero Moda in Blue, thrifted; last worn here in March with fiesta orange
- Top - La Vie 89, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in July for brunch with L
- Skirt - Savvie; last worn here over a year ago in August with even more patterns
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August with a sack dress
- As above, August 2015 here, with Patti's Old Navy top;
- In May 2015 here, with tomato reds;
- In August 2014 here, with magenta when I was run into by a cyclist;
- In May 2014 here (2nd outfit) with chartreuse; and
- First worn here in March 2014 with leopard (really!).
In addition to this wear, that's six outfits. I paid $49.00 for this skirt new (made in Vancouver!), so that's not a great cost-per-wear at a little over $8.00 per outing. I hope that the recipient of the skirt will wear it lots!
- Earrings - Stella and Dot
The earrings were still sitting out from Friday's outfit, and they went, so...wear 'em again!
I was home in the late afternoon and Vizzini was on the warpath.
|"Where is the Man?? I have been worried sick!"|
I did buy a few things for myself on our massive shop - Jenn did amazingly well, putting together at least a dozen permutations of outfits out of all the great stuff she found.
We started at the WIN (Women in Need) Boutique. I found this multi-metal chain necklace on one of the mannequins in the store as soon as I walked in.
Okay, don't judge me! I fell in love with this t-shirt.
here, 'cause I love). Looks like they sell for $22.00 so my $5.00 seems pretty good. I don't know how I will wear this, but I am determined to style it for a classy grown-up lady like myself. Expect the unexpected!
Just as we were about to leave the WIN Boutique, I was making sure I hadn't missed anything and was rooting around in some bins, when I spotted these wool and fur gloves.
From there, we strolled down to Fairfield Plaza, and had lunch at the pub. We spent hours at My Sister's Closet - because I've been there fairly recently with Yvonne, I didn't find much (and their half-price sale is over). I had tried these boots on right away, then put them back. What do I need with camel leather boots?
And fortunately for me, she didn't buy them...so I did! These are by Matisse, which seems to be sold at the Bay department store, and they are made in Brazil. I feel like I got them for a bargain at $42.95, what do you think?
Jenn and I split up then; she went home, and I wandered over to Lazy Susan's for a quick look. Good thing I did! I found a piece of vintage Renoir copper for $12.00.
Yay, I have a set! I love that.
It looks nice on, which is what counts with me.
I also got two pairs of stud earrings for $12.00.
After a quiet evening in with Vizzini (who completely ignored me and/or glared at me like I'd killed L), I got up this morning and headed to town for groceries.
- Dress - I'M Isola Marras; last seen here in June with purple boots My Husband Hates
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; purchased above for $42.95
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
After groceries, I wandered down to the Patch for a browse. I found these awesome Banana Republic trousers.
|"This spot on the carpet warrants more interest than your pants, Woman."|
I go through rows of sweaters with my hand, just feeling for the best fabric. Bam, this is merino wool.
And V-necks are always awesome on.
My final purchase was this magnificent red semi-shiny blouse.
Guess who it's by?
When I got home, Vizzini was so happy to see me.
|"What is this interesting thing that is not you?"|
Linking up to:
- Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style - featuring my "Spamalot" very visible outfit!
- Judith's "Hat Attack" (again) over at Style Crone - hey, it's not every month I wear multiple hats!
I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!