Weekend! I hope everyone's been having a lovely one! I've been up to my usual shenanigans, nothing new, really.
- Jacket - Guess; first worn here in January at a hockey rink
- Sweater - Dalkeith, vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here on Monday with jungle print
- Gauchos - Jones New York, vintage 80s, thrifted; purchased here for $7.95
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluemarket; purchased here on Monday from Sara via the Fluemarket for $70
This is my entry for Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style - get over there! Also linking up to Anne's "52 pick-me-up" series - my aqua skirt below!
I was rocking the pompadour on Friday, but it didn't stay up for long - I had to make an emergency run for hairspray after work!
Because-I-said-so answer: I loved Barbie dolls when I was little - I had them in all sizes and colours, and I adored playing dress up and fashion shows with them. I sewed and crocheted clothes for them. One of the few store-bought outfits that I had for my regular Barbie was a crisp white shirt and black gauchos that looked just like these ones I'm wearing - I had this set in the early 70s, probably a Christmas gift from my grandparents. My mom told me the pants were called gauchos, and that was an exciting word for me - I learned that they were named after the trousers that horse-back-riding South American cowboys wore.
Probably true answer: Gauchos, culottes, same diff. Similar pants with multiple names. We won't even go into clam-diggers, capris, or palazzos.
Feeling goofy on a Friday morning.
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Earrings - Tania Gleave
- Ring - Oscar & Libby's
As I was leaving the house on Friday morning, Vizzini was busy.
|"What's that ruckus?"|
There were seagulls on the roof again.
|"This situation requires some observation. Please go away."|
On Saturday, I met up with Elaine to go to the Fernwood Vintage Fair.
- Jacket - Vero Moda in Blue, thrifted; last seen here a couple of days ago with all the red
- Sweater - August Silk, thrifted; last worn here in January with fringe and dots
- Skirt - Pioneer Wear, vintage fair; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March 2015 with embroidered velvet
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here last week with burgundy and leather
It was warm enough not to need a coat for the day, what a treat!
- Earrings - gift from Megan Mae
I took my camera on my travels. Warning: those of you still having winter are going to hate us West-Coasters!
I spy a kitty in a window!
My neighbourhood is full of pink trees.
I liked the moss growing on this wall finial.
Victoria High School.
I've always liked this house.
One of my favourite poles.
Some of the fabulously-dressed ladies at the Fair.
These two were the best-dressed.
Fernwood is a fun little community.
A pretty row of daffodils on the way home.
One last pole. This is my favourite of all of them.
After grey skies all day, finally a bit of blue on the way home.
I found a few pretties at the Vintage Show. My first purchase, for $4.00, was this pair of earrings.
I bought this gold necklace for $5.00.
I always check pieces for marks.
Yup, it's Givenchy!
This bracelet and earrings were $2.00 apiece.
Zenkat Vintage had a table of goodies, all 50% off.
These earrings were a dollar.
I didn't break my budget at the Fair, so after lunch, I wandered over to the WIN Boutique, where I found this funky shirt.
Today, L and I went for groceries and brunch. It's sunny!
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here a week ago
- Top - Mossimo, thrifted; last seen here in January under the limelight
- Skirt - Strawberry Jill, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in December with these same boots
- Boots - Mini Babycakes, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) last weekend with the chicken top
- Necklace - Venice, gift from Mom
And now, off to watch the Oscars!