- Jean jacket - Ann Taylor Loft, purchased in NYC in 2007; I don't track my wears on it
- T-shirt - Plum, thrifted; last worn here in December 2015 with argyle legs
- Long-sleeve t-shirt - Calvin Klein, thrifted; I don't track wears for it
- Skirt - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in November 2015
- Boots - Ash; last seen here in January with blues for brunch
The purple plaid shirt around my waist was borrowed from L's closet at the last minute.
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Studded cuff - homegrown vintage
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Chainmail necklace - locally made
- Chain bracelet - vintage fair ($1)
- Snake pin - Christmas 1985, gift from Mom and Dad
- Snake ring - vintage 1986, Royal BC Museum Gift Shop
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
- Ear cuff - Claire's
- Raven pin - local
- Fluevog button
Right after work, I had to rush home! It was the Gala Opening Night of the Victoria Film Festival! (VFF)
|I'm a ghost!|
- Dress - Marjorie Hamilton, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in October 2009 (yes, you read that right) with jeans and boots
- Liquid gold leggings - Adam & Eve; first worn here for my birthday party in October 2013
- Boots - Prepare Hi Adventure, Fluevog; last seen here for a corporate hockey game in January
Not so much from the front!
|"That's my face!"|
I look grumpy but I'm in character.
Nice and warm (and covered) in my ocelot coat.
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
The boots are quite enough on their own!
I found these in my purse the next morning.
|Fortune cookie quote by Terry Pratchett: "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages."|
A shot of peppermint schnapps and one of raspberry vodka. "Take with VFF until 2/14. May cause hysteria." Hee! People dressed up like Sigmund Freud gave them out.
L and I did matching make-up - modeled after Alice Cooper.
|"Going out again?"|
We're quite the power couple. This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style - Patti is the hostess with the mostest!
We had our picture in the paper - photo by Darren Stone:
As we waited on the red carpet to go into the Gala After-Party, we were entertained by dancers with glow-hoops.
The after-party was in an empty store-front - it made for an interesting industrial feel.
And there's Salvador Dali peeking in through the window!
I enjoyed the band - they mostly played modern stuff.
My friends Vero and Justin.
Dancers doing "Thriller", I think.
I am always disconcerted by animal mascots.
No, wait, this bear is way creepier...
I spent some time chatting with Irdens.
The hoops over near the bed were used for some aerialist spins and such.
There were a few dapper-looking people there.
I loved this lady's outfit.
Check out this fabulous 70s dress!
We stayed till the end, then cabbed home.
Where I slept in (not too late), and then got up and got dressed again!
- Dress - Betsey Johnson,thrifted; purchased here for $8.00
- Shoes - Half-Truth Tanya, Fluevog; last worn here in December 2015 with big purple plaid
I bundled up for the walk to town.
- Purse - vintage, thrifted
- Fascinator - Heart's Content
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
- Gold ring - Dad's, Francis Jewellers, c. 1965
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
L and I went to Milestone's on the harbour for lunch - thanks for the gift card, Mom!
The rose stained glass window in the Empress ballroom.
The last time I took pictures here was back in 2012 when we did the Steam Con Expo (link here).
Karen getting a big hug from Randall.
Cat and Nick.
My BFF since I was 13, Janet.
Which haven't been updated in well over 30 years.
The same tile, marble and wallpaper inside the stall that was there in 1986!
After the Bengal Lounge, we went to The Commons for more drinks and some food.
L and Randall.
We crashed early that night, and then awaited our friends for our annual Super Bowl party.
I was very tense; my team, the Carolina Panthers, was in it!
Despite L wearing one of my old Panthers jerseys, and our own little panther Vizzini...
I've been moping around for the day.
|"Hm, what do you want?"|
|"I'm sorry your team lost."|
Today, I desperately needed some down-time, so I walked to town to get groceries.
- Sequin-bottomed dress - no label, consignment; last worn here in October 2015 to go to Seattle and Nashville
- Boots - Dirty Laundry, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2015 for shopping with Elaine
- Earrings - Glee
I've been looking for over-the-knee flat black leather boots for a while - they are darned hard to find! I spotted these in BCBG Max Azria just after Christmas, but they didn't have my size. Today, they did!
The back is elasticated material, for a nice snug fit.
I also did a little spin through the Hudson's Bay department store (I needed more MAC make-up, that's my excuse).
It was reduced down to $26.70 from $89.00. It's by Lord & Taylor.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!