This is my last post of 2015! Time to reflect on some things? Nah, maybe just amuse myself.40+ Blogger Meet-Up, getting into Zentangling and reading a lot - all things that made me feel good and helped me stay sane. Oh, and clothes too - lots of shopping!
Making fans for my loved ones has been a really fun exercise this year. This is one that I made for Mom (guess what her name is!) for Christmas (more pics way down below if you're interested).
I have been thoroughly enjoying my days off this week, being solitary and introspective, recharging my batteries. Shopping is a zen experience for me, so on Tuesday, off I went for a wee shop.
- Sweater - Kenneth Cole Reaction, consignment; last seen here sweating in June
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; first worn here in November vibing on the 70s
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here for November shopping in Sidney
Although it's been sunny out all week, it's been brrrrr! cold!
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Earrings - Plum
And I did indeed have good luck shopping.
Not a mark of wear!
I waffled over these rust-red velvet (wait, did you catch that? VELVET) trousers.
Also in the pure insanity category: my new white shirt.
It feels very "Tron."
I go through denim skirt phases. I buy a whole bunch, then get rid of all of them. Rinse, repeat. I currently only have one denim skirt (this one), so time for my cycle to repeat.
|"It would be better with a loose thread."|
This suit was the only red dot 50% off item I found. I paid $22.50 for it.
Check it out.
There is no label or any evidence of a label. The only clue is the clasp on the skirt.
On Wednesday, I hosted my 3 nieces at our place, along with my mom.
- Blouse - no label/handmade, vintage late 70s/early 80s, thirfted; first worn here in November with vintage suede
- Dress - Danier, consignment; last seen here in a grey mood in March
- Booties - Sopranos Angelina, Fluevog; first worn here with mustard and black early this month
- Ring - gift from Cindy
- Earrings - Glee
Mom always finds me fun things for Christmas!
Some awesome jewelry.
And now, here we are, on the last day of the year.
- Dress - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in March with copper
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here earlier this month with my picador skirt
- Earrings - Tania Gleave
If you're interested, here are the "in progress" of Mom's fan.
I started with a fine pencil outline (above), then inked in the main features.
The ticket. Not a bit of it is accurate, except that we saw that play at the Royal Theatre.
A session of ink-work.
I used my new Zentangle book to get ideas for tangling with felt pens.
Another chunk of work done.
A light pattern in the background.
A bit of shading around the tree and the ticket.
And there we go, all done.
I hope you like it, Mom!
Well, my friends, time to sign off on 2015. Wishing all of you a rocking journey in 2016!
|"I'll be watching you."|
Happy New Year!