HAPPY NEW YEAR!
|"Really? You didn't even let me pose, woman!"|
As you can see, I wore the same dress for New Year's Eve as I did for my company's Christmas party. I changed up the accessories, and (aside from blog pics) none of my friends had seen the dress. Why not?
- Dress - Joseph Ribkoff, vintage 90s, thrifted; first worn here (4th outfit) in November 2015 with gold accessories
- Shoes - Poetic Licence, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) a couple of weeks ago in December 2015
And my ink.
I was too lazy to dye my hair before the party (and I have a haircut later this week), so I just smushed it around and pinned a fascinator in there.
- Fascinator - Heart's Content
- Necklace - antique store, gift from L
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - Jacob?
- Earring/cuff - Claire's
My fabulous husband was the perfect mix of casual and dressy for the party, in his new steel grey tux blazer (from Guess). His shirt is a Desigual one that I thrifted some time ago, and his jeans are purple.
|I see someone peeking out of the kitchen|
|"The house is all clean - are we having a party? I'd better hide."|
As noted, Friday was spent moaning on the couch and watching TV with L, then playing "Arkham Horror" till we got sleepy. Saturday, bright and early-ish, we were up and ready to go for our first - but certainly not last - brunch of the New Year, at Floyd's.
- Sweater/top - Jeanne Bekker, consignment; last seen here in October 2015 for a shop with Mom
- Skirt - Animale, consignment; last worn here for Thanksgiving in October 2015
- Shoes - Kenneth Cole Reaction, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) with raisin velvet in November 2015
here, 'cause I love!).
And one must start the New Year with the Unsafe Ocelot coat.
- Cuff - Jezebel Charms
- Earrings - local
Last night, we noticed Vizzini was missing - we found him under the duvet on the bed. He crawled out, and set himself on L's pillow.
|"This will do nicely for me."|
|"This is how a cat sees in the New Year: on a pillow!"|
Linking up today with: