Woo, what a whirlwind of a weekend! I need a nap, stat!
First, here we are with my wear-to-the-field outfit on Saturday morning.
- Dress - Club Monaco, vintage; last worn here (2nd outfit) for a weekend grocery stroll
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August with lilac and pink
- Necklace/earrings - Venice, birthday gift from L
When we got home, Vizzini was lounging on the deck.
|"Drat, the woman found me."|
I used blue, green, aqua and turquoise, popped with pink and red hearts (and one balls).
Vizzini has been attacking the shadows - it's been windy, so the oaks around our place are dropping acorns like mad.
|"I'm just keeping the house safe."|
Marian has a pool and a hot-tub, so a loose dress was the best option for changing in and out of my bathing suit.
- Dress - H&M, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June to the Ulty field
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here in August with Spanish ladies
|"I can pose too."|
- Necklace - Banana Republic, consignment
- Earrings - local
I fully intended to get up early.
- Dress - Coldwater Creek, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit, after the Zentangle fan) in August for another stroll and shop
- Shoes - Modern Vintage, thrifted; last worn here with my shiny Florence dress in August
|"Na na na na - cat bomb!"|
|"This is so undignified. Put me down, woman!"|
I love the colours in this dress. So bright!
I feel very guilty - I bought myself two new items of clothing. Not second-hand. I couldn't help it - they were so beautiful!
Look how nice they look on.
|"They could be edible, I suppose."|
Okay, we need to talk about labels, tags and straps.
That big square paper tag on the sole?
I had a serious case of instant lust about this topper.
|"You bought me a toy! How thoughtful!"|
I am going full Stevie Nicks in this.
To assuage my guilt over new purchasing (not a habit, promise), I went to the Patch and found a couple of tops.
This wonderful fitted sweater is by Magaschoni and is 100% cashmere.
I also found this Jacob cardigan - new, with tags still on it! I don't like my current black cardi, so trying another one.
See that ribbon stretching across the back of the neckline?
This public service for "Get Those Things Off" is brought to you by me. Feel free to disagree.