I have a nutty week ahead of me: many social engagements, outfits to plan, shopping to do, closet to swap over for the season. This weekend was all about being chill.
Starting with brunch on Saturday morning.
- Top - Hommage, consignment; first seen here in August in a cat-bait outfit
- Skirt - Co & Eddy, thrifted; last worn here in April with more orange and cream
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last worn here earlier this month with sweatery things
- Flocked coat (below) - Vintage Expo; last seen here in December 2014 with this same skirt!
This top is so fun to wear.
It was a little gloomy and threatening of rain, so I wore my vintage flocked jacket. This is one of the haven't-worn-yet items from my spring/summer wardrobe. I'm glad I got a chance to wear it - it really is a sweet jacket.
|I really do have hands - they're in the pockets!|
- Ring - Tammy's store
- Earrings - vintage market
After brunch, I worked on Karen's fan for a few hours - it still has some hours' work left in it before I start adding colour. By the time I stopped, I realized I only had half an hour before Mom arrived! Time to get dressed!
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get there or be square!
- Blouse - CABi, consignment; last seen here in July with pink and grey
- Dress - Esprit; last seen way back here in December 2014 with another blouse under it
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here in August with Dries and black
Belfry Theatre to see David Mamet's "Speed the Plow". I'm not a fan of Mamet's most well-known play/movie, "Glengarry Glen Ross" but I really enjoyed the satiric look at Hollywood and making movies. I remember when this play debuted on Broadway, as it was famous for being Madonna's first acting gig (she wasn't very good).
This production was awesome (local paper's review here), and starred Brian Markinson (famous recently for being in "Mad Men")
- Ear cuff - Claire's
- Earrings - consignment
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Pin - thrifted
I wore the pin right at my neck - that was a very 1985 look, I recall.
As we did the matinee performance, I still had the evening to hang with L and Vizzini and play Arkham Horror. We feel asleep in front of the TV and crawled to bed at 3am.
However, I was up bright and early to go get my grocery shopping done so that I could chill out today and watch football. You ready for this? This is 99% what I really wear around the house on a daily basis.
|This face says, "Gimme coffee!"|
- Tee - Smoking Lily
- Jeans - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Boots - Ash; last seen here (2nd outfit) for a Winesday evening
|One mug of coffee down, one to go|
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
And now, back to football, drawing and reading, as well as outfit-planning for the week ahead!