Hello, I'm back! Miss me?
- Jacket - Danier Leather, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in October 2014 with Italian florals
- Top - Anne Klein, consignment; last seen here in April 2014 with this same jacket!
- Skirt - no label, vintage 50s; last worn here (6th outfit) in October 2014 with blue and yellow
- Boots - Miz Mooz; last worn here in January with black and silver
I had so much fun twirling for my coworkers on Friday. Lesley (shout out!) noticed that the colouring on the back pattern is different that the one on the front - this is a hand-painted skirt! She knows her textiles and said this is a classic 50s handmade skirt. Sweet!
|"What's under your skirt?"|
- Leather obi - local, gift from L
- Earrings - Frances Jewelers, gift from L
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Tony and Janice brought me a really cool necklace back from Mexico.
Do I have the best coworkers or what?
On Saturday morning, L and I met up with Andrew for lunch at Floyd's. I misjudged the time and didn't have time to get my hair into its coif.
- Dress - Jacob, consignment; last seen here in November 2014 with major brocade
- Shoes - Cydwoq; last seen here in December 2014 with weekend hair
At this point, I realized I'd forgotten to put on earrings.
Big metal bling:
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, consignment
- Cuff - Bauxo
- Ring - local
- Earrings - local
I may have gone a little overboard for a house party.
|The Pink Lady|
|I am so tall in these boots, that my head is cropped off by the camera!|
- Jacket - Prosper and Devine, vintage store; purchased here a week ago for $24.00
- Dress - Danier, thrifted; last seen here for brunch in February
- Boots - LA Malibu, Fluevog; featured here for Shoe Shine #17 and last worn here (3rd outfit) in June 2013 for L's birthday party
|Totally feeling it|
I am 5'10" in these boots - they are so fun to wear for a party.
It was a bit chilly for our walk to and from the party, so I added my even-hotter pink cashmere gloves and scarf.
- Earrings - local
- Cuff and earring - Claire's
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Death Star ring - Stone Roses
I totally forgot about the time change this weekend, so it was a rush to get ready in the morning.
- Blouse - Peter Nygard, consignment; last worn here in February with more cream
- Skirt - Club Monaco; last seen here on my trip to Italy in October 2014
- Shoes - Land's End, thrifted; last worn here in January with trousers
We Walk in the Shadows" (IMDB link), a hilarious faux documentary about New Zealand vampires by the team behind "Flight of the Conchords". Recommended!
- Earrings - Caracol
Officer Vizzini has been slacking on the beat.
|"Too sunny to patrol."|
|"...and I'm long..."|
|"What's that? Can I eat it?"|
|"Trees, no birds"|
|"Can I go back to my napping now?"|
I hope you all had a fun weekend!
Vizzini - world's cutest cat! (except for mine, natch). I whooped out loud when I saw that circle skirt, what a work of art - and you look wonderful. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.ReplyDelete
Okay, now we have the title of your autobiography: "Magnificently Badass."ReplyDelete
The picador skirt is awesome and I love seeing your cat all stretched out and relaxed...sounds like a great weekend.ReplyDelete
Pleased to see the first outfit with that pink jacket! it's beautiful! :)ReplyDelete
I also have to say I really love your Friday outfit! the colours and the silhouette, just wonderful. And it's a given that I'd like your maxi skirt outfits, I do have such a fondness for maxi skirts!
Sorry, Sheila, you can't post your fringe jacket in that get-up and not have it eclipse everything else here, except Vizzini with his hitnotizing eyes.ReplyDelete
You have the best bling in town, nay, in the province.
You look lovely in that blue hue & 1950's skirt:-)ReplyDelete
Its incredible how you totally transform yourself !ReplyDelete
First the "picador" skirt, which for some reason i refer to as the "matador" skirt - then the pink short dress followed by the kick ass fringe.
I loved seeing the versatility…all in one post.
The 1950s circle skirt is just amazing, and how could you not shimmy in black leather and pink suede fringing?! xxxReplyDelete