Ah, that's more like it! The weekend has worked its magic and I'm all unwound. I'm not even sick, as I'd feared!
My pink armour on Friday worked perfectly.
- Jacket - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here in May with even more pink
- Blouse - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last worn here (waaaay down at the bottom) last month with green velvet
- Skirt - InWear, consignment; last seen here in September when we went to see Wooden Sky
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) in November to see The Smalls
- Earrings - vintage fair
I did a little Christmas shopping after work, then crashed when I got home.
L and I went for brunch at Floyd's with Chris and Ali. I felt like dressing up.
- Shirt - True Character, thrifted; last seen here in February, being mock Scottish
- Skirt - Edging, thrifted; last worn here in September with a long blue jacket
- Boots - Aerosoles, consignment; last seen here in February during Dress Week From Outer Space!
I can't ignore the outerwear! It has to coordinate and complement my outfit.
here in March for another brunch - it's my brunch coat!
- Choker - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Cuff - SkinZnHydez
- Copper ring - vintage fair
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 1970
L and I got nearly all of our Christmas shopping done! We felt very proud of ourselves. I rewarded myself with a nap.
We'd been planning for months to go see Johnny Marr (ex-member of The Smiths) at a local club, and found out less than 6 hours before the show that he'd cancelled. Quelle drag! Our tickets will be refunded, but I was looking forward to dinner, a good show, and hanging with friends. We all decided to get together anyway.
- Dress - Esprit; last seen here (last outfit) way back in April 2013
- Shirt - Banana Republic, consignment; last seen here with a tie in November
- Boots - Ash; last worn here (2nd outfit) in a leaf-kicking mood a couple of weeks ago
We walked to town past the truck parade, a very loud and bright local tradition.
- Teeth necklace - The Bay
- Pin - thrifted
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Death Star ring - Stone Roses
- Cuff/earring - Claire's
- Stud - local
Up bright and early today - it's sunny again! - to go get groceries and make a dent in some of my Santa shopping for L.
- Sweater - Ricki's, thrifted - last worn here in July with plaid
- Skirt - Danier, thrifted - last seen here in December 2013 over last Christmas (I have to get out that pink sweater again!)
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment - last seen right up there on Friday
I only needed a silk scarf today, and my red coat was still out from last night, so...
- Scarf - vintage, consignment
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Silver ring - Oscar & Libby's
- Spinner ring - consignment
- Earrings - local
I popped over to the WIN Thrift Boutique after getting groceries. Not much luck, but I did fall for this lovely red sweater.
I suspect that this is quite old Le Chateau - probably from the 90s. I like that it was made in Canada!
Did I mention my lasted obsession of pink?
And how was your weekend? Are you feeling in the holiday spirit?