Ah, such a lovely weekend! No stress, just chillin' with friends and getting into the holiday spirit.
I didn't even realize until mid-day on Friday that I'd completely forgotten to take my stairs picture.
- Shirt - Dept., consignment; last seen here in August (more cowgirl!)
- Skirt - Quillarree, consignment; last seen here in June with Chinoiserie
- Floofy underskirt - H&M, thrifted; purchased here (way down) for $5.00 in October
- Shoes - Big Presence, Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here in October with my other Dept item, a dress
This shirt is very blingy, being trimmed in crystal studs all over.
I finally found the perfect use for this cheap little elastic underskirt: it's cover-up for my bum! I'm self-conscious about bending over in skirts this short, and this hugged and protected.
- Earrings - thrifted
- Pin - The Bay, mid-00s
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia ring - Wendy Brandes
After work, I went for drinks with some of the guys, then home to hang out with L, whom I'd barely seen all week. We played games, and gave Vizzini some much-needed attention.
On Saturday morning, we went for brunch while our door guy made an adjustment to our secret door bookcase.
- Dress - Plum; last seen here (2nd outfit) in September with killer leather
- Sweater - Expression, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) on a casual weekend
- Boots - Marc; last seen here a few weeks ago
- Belt - Leather World
- Buckle - She She Shoes
- Cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Ear cuff - Claire's
- Long earring - from a coworker
We couldn't find Vizzini when we got home. He's a big chicken when it comes to strangers in the house. We finally noticed a lump under the covers of our bed.
|"I wasn't scared!"|
|"It's warm and safe under here."|
On Saturday night, we went to a party at Nick and Karen's.
- Dress - Lorraine Beauchamp, vintage 80s, vintage fair; purchased at a vintage fair here in June for $35.00
- Shoes - Poetic Licence; last seen here in July with mustard and navy
- Hat - Tierre Joline; last worn here (2nd outfit) in December 2012
Can you see how cool the skirt of this dress is? The front is like a pencil skirt, then it has this full pleated back.
The dress has a surprise back - or lack thereof!
Shoe Shine, but they didn't look right with the length of the skirt. Good thing I did a "test drive" of this outfit on Friday night!
Some of my bling and a close-up of my hair.
I hauled out the curling iron to give my hair some spring at the front. Unfortunately, L and I were caught in a rainstorm while walking to the party, and all the curl fell out.
- Obi - thrifted
- Gem bracelet - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Glass bangle - thrifted
- Blue brooch/earring - vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Green earring - Grandma J's, vintage 60s
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Gold/green ring - consignment
- Spinner ring - local
- Crystal ring - Melanie Lyne
We were in a rush, so only managed not to cut off L's head in one shot...and it's blurry.
When we staggered home much later, I discovered that the blue earring was gone! I assumed it was either at Karen's, or lost along the way. I sadly resigned myself to another lost earring.
But what was sitting outside the bedroom door this morning? My earring! The kindly Officer Vizzini had recovered it for me.
|"Did I do something nice? Will Santa bring me kitty treats?"|
I hope your weekend was merry and bright! I'm working over the holidays, so I'll still be doing my regularly scheduled program, with breaks for Christmas and New Year's.