Ah, a relaxing weekend was definitely in order! I am looking forward to my last evening of chillin' on the couch with Vizzini and L.
- Dress - no label, consignment; last seen here in September with bare legs and sandals
- Top (underneath) - Studio by Liz Claiborne; last seen here in August with Danger Pants
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) for my day with Hannah
Plain ol' bling:
- Belt - Gap
- Earrings - Le Chateau
The move went well - nice and fast, so I only had to work an extra hour and a half. Home for dinner with L, and then we played Arkham Horror. Woo hoo!
On Saturday, we met up with Andrew, Judi and Nick for brunch at Floyd's.
- Dress - Land's End; last seen here in September layered under leopard
- Boots - Ash; last seen here with my Hallowe'en costume
This is what I really looked like for most of the day:
- Cuff - vintage 80s
- Earring & cuff - Claire's
- Earring - local
I started out at the St. Vincent de Paul and found a couple of things. I really liked these little shoes.
I love when I find a basic piece for a score-level price.
And yes, 100% cashmere.
I wandered up the street to the Hospice Thrift Store. They have all their sparkly holiday clothes out. No luck with clothing there this time, but I got a couple of lovely accessory pieces.
They were only $10.00 and I may have squealed when I found the tag inside them.
Another long skinny silk scarf for my collection.
I strolled over to The Velvet Crease, and once again had no luck with clothes, but did really well on accessories. If I do another "Shoes My Husband Hates" series, L says these will make the grade easy.
Bizarrely, I found another pair of Borns, only sandals.
Last night, L and I hung out with Vizzini and played games. Today, I got groceries and then met up with a work-friend at My Sister's Closet consignment store to help her find an outfit for our work Christmas party.
It's been really sunny this past week, but brrrr...baby, it's cold outside!
- Jacket - Precis Petites; last seen here - yikes! - in October 2012 as part of my Hallowe'en costume!
- Sweater - Hawick of Scotland, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) while shopping with Hannah in October
- Skirt - Animale, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January to see Blue Rodeo in concert
- Boots - Doc Martens, consignment; last worn here for our trip to Italy!
Add a silk scarf and some long leather gloves.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Earrings - consignment
I may have found a few things for myself while I shopped for her...
I grabbed this top for my coworker to try on, but she didn't like it. So of course, I had to try it, right?
Although I love my shiny pink runners dearly, they are more of a walking-to-and-from-work-in-summer shoe - not so warm for winter!
And how was your weekend? Score any great finds?